Doooooo! Audience loves it!

DrummerCA35

So I have a Roland TM module so I can trigger some claps, congas, timbales, and special affects. One of the effects is a "doooooo" syndrum type sound that you hear on No Doubt's "Hella Good." I found a a wave file with a similar sound, and loaded it into my TM, and hit the "doooo" sound on "Hella Good."

The dancers loved it. They all started singing "doooo" every time I hit it. So, I started triggering it in other places here and there. For example, instead of a crash on the one on Chic's "Good Times", I would occasionally hit the bar trigger and play "doooo" instead of the crash. I simply could not believe the reaction I was getting by hitting a pad that said "dooooo." The dancers would yell out "doooo", and the band was cracking up and loved it. In fact, the dancers started saying "doooo" in between songs too.

I'm glad this simple act of playing a "doooo" quarter note brought so much excitement to the dancers and band.

I wonder if the open bar at the gig had anything to do with this.

toddmc

Gold Member
Glad you're getting a good reaction with your module.

Back in my gigging days my go to was to hit the applause effect on my trusty Roland TD-6 sometimes when my singer told a lame joke on stage (hey, I never said it was a good joke)!

DrummerCA35

Glad you're getting a good reaction with your module.

Back in my gigging days my go to was to hit the applause effect on my trusty Roland TD-6 sometimes when my singer told a lame joke on stage (hey, I never said it was a good joke)!
Thats hilarious! I should do that. Also, I've thought about an old fashioned telephone ring for the line "when the phone rings" in "Miss You" by the Stones.

Or maybe an explosion for the "BANG BANG" in "Rapper's Delight."