Doobie Brothers

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
The Doobie Brothers are "Takin' It To The Streets" again.
The classic band has announced a tour which will include their former frontman, Michael McDonald.
Members Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons and John McFee have continued to perform together as the Doobie Brothers for years and last month announced a Las Vegas residency in February 2020.
But it will be the first time in almost 25 years that McDonald will be touring with them as well, and it's all in honor of the band's 50th anniversary.

Known for such hits as "What a Fool Believes" and "Minute by Minute" the group announced the new tour on Monday during a concert at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.
"We're truly excited about our 50th anniversary tour, as it's a celebration of the band's entire history," Johnston said in a statement. "We'll be performing songs from our full catalog, as well as new music."
The 30-city tour will start on June 9 in West Palm Beach, Florida, and wrap up on October 10 in Houston.
General public tickets go on sale at Live Nation at 10 a.m. on December 6.

Very cool. Doobies are amongst my favorite of the drumless tracks on youtube to play along to. Not sure why, but I dig playing those. They have those great drum picks ups in the beginning like on Listen to the Music, sorta like a motown pick up, but played in slow motion sorta kinda almost.

Love the Doobies! It would be nice if they come through Indiana next summer. Seems like all of their songs were great melody sing-a-longs.

OK, sorry, but no I'm not... I'll be Scrooge early.

I LOVE the Doobie Brothers... except for the Michael McDonald years.
I consistently place the Doobie Brothers as my favorite band. The only time I've wavered is during the years of McDonald, who guided the group successfully, but in a whole other direction.
I use to hate the McDonald songs because I was young, stupid and determined to prove a point. THAT didn't work out so well.
So I'll continue to watch and listen to the Doobs... just less enthused when Michael sings.

My rant is over. :cool:

Congrats to the Doobies on their 50th Anniversary Tour ?...
... Holy Crap 50 Years

Doobie Brothers Tour 2020

Last edited:
I thought this was a all ages forum and here we are talking about hard schedule 1 narcotics. I'm disappointed, and I'm reporting this.

Reminder, this forum does not support marinara, jazz cigarettes, devils lettuce, or wacky tabaccy.

I actually liked the Doobies just fine during the McDonald years. Love his voice and the songs they did during that period. Combine that era with their previous efforts and it makes for a night of good entertainment for a wide variety of Doobie fans.

GeeDeeEmm

Back