Donner Acrylic Drums

vyacheslav

Greetings,

Donner makes entry level drums and instruments (I posted about the kit with buiklt in practice pads a while ago that rdavidr reviewed on You TUbe).

Looks like they are offering some higher end stuff now too.

I'm not an acrylic drum guy, but that seems pretty affordable for a full kit? Any acrylic user want to weigh in on this?

Thanks,

V

EDIT- It looks like they offer their own version of the Pearl Roadshow Bop Kit and they also offer their own version of the Tama Club Jam Mini.

Last edited:
I feel that Pearl Crystal Beats aren't that much more than this. Granted I bought mine in 2019 but iirc I paid like $1400 for them or something. Not much more and its by a very solid reputable brand.

I watched the review video and they're still pretty rough around the edges... literally and figuratively.

If I was in the market for an acrylic kit, The DW Design would be the only one on my list. I'm seriously considering getting one.

Greetings,

Donner makes entry level drums and instruments (I posted about the kit with buiklt in practice pads a while ago that rdavidr reviewed on You TUbe).

Looks like they are offering some higher end stuff now too.

I'm not an acrylic drum guy, but that seems pretty affordable for a full kit? Any acrylic user want to weigh in on this?
Probably not a terrible kit, if you want to get into an acrylic set for cheap. The down side, probably no add-on drums. And resale is gonna be nil.
Weird that they call it a shell pack, but it comes with cymbals and hardware ???? Well, at least they didn't call them SYMBOLS:LOL:

And the review gave the cymbals and hardware basically a "meh". I'd be more tempted to go this route, if they kept their crap hardware and cymbals, and sold me the shell pack for $600 - $700.

If I was gonna re-visit acrylic drums, I'd pick up a vintage Vistalite kit (or put orphans together) again. I played those, for over 25 years. And when I get tired of them, probably be able to sell 'em off at a profit (or break even) again;)

Donner also makes a digital copy of the EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress that’s tiny, almost sounds as great as the real thing, and cost $25 a few years ago.

Is Donner even a real company, lol? I see their name stamped on a huge variety of imported, um, merchandise. Kind of like those Amazon sellers that have the same merchandise as twenty other sellers, each with a different unpronounceable name.

(BTW, I know they're a "real" company, I just mean they aren't really a manufacturer of anything.)

I just purchased the complete 5 piece kit last month for $700, including shipping, so for that price you can get the "shell pack" and then sell (or try to sell) or donate the unwanted hardware to a thrift shop or school. Actually the quality of the drums is pretty good, all the bearing edges are clean and straight. I feel like I did pretty good for the money, and to be honest, other than the cymbals, the hardware is decent as well. For a new or intermediate drummer this kit will suit you well. You could upgrade the heads but they're okay for home use and maybe limited playing out, the other hardware is more than adequate for the home user. And it's fun to have a see-through kit!

I feel that Pearl Crystal Beats aren't that much more than this. Granted I bought mine in 2019 but iirc I paid likSc e $1400 for them or something. Not much more and its by a very solid reputabpythonle brand.

The Pearl's are pushing $ 2000 now! I just bou,2 cymbal stands, Ride and a crash, and a set of sticks. The cymbals are crappy, the hardware is good, and the shells are fine, the bearing edges will get recut by my friend, and the heads of course will be changed
I will sell the hardware and keep just the shells

I paid 650 brand new with free. shipping for the 5 pc donner clear acrylic kit complete with 2 double braced cymbal stands with tom mounts( virgin kick), a double chain kick pedal, a double braced 3 legged hi hat, a drum throne, a cheap set of cymbals, 20 , 16, 14 hats, even a pair of sticks. Just sold the cymbals for 100. So I own the shell 22 Kick, 14 snare 10, 12 racks 16 floor for 550 . I have played Vistalites, Dw, and pearl acrylic and they honestly don't sou d that much better. The Pearl's are 2000, the Dw 2200 a nd the Ludwigs are close to 400O in the 22. 10 12 14 snare 16 floor sizes
If I sold the rest of my hardware for 250, I we would be in these for 300 . Think I'm good A real set of heads and I am happy. I just wanted a set of acrylics , but I will probably look for a set of Mapex Evos used too

Back