Donati at Baked Potato on Friday

Doug Masters

Silver Member
Hey guys, wifey and I are flying out to LA to hear Virgil on Friday night. I would like to get there early to meet him and ask a few questions. Does anyone know if he is cool with that or will that bother him? What about autographing a drumhead or taking some pics? Anyone have any experience with him personally? Thanks

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I have no idea. But the Baked Potato is a very small venue, so best to get there early to get a good seat.

bobacwrd

I bought a Premier drumset from him a few years back and have seen him about 10 times at the Baked potato. He is real cool and very approachable. He likes to talk shop also and appreciated his fans. By the way if you haven't seen him live before... you're going to piss your pants.

trysthedrummer

I would probably fly over to the US to see him sometime if he's doing some gigs or whatnot, or if he's ever around the other side of the pond sometime!

As one of my favourite drummers out there (to name a few for sure!) once I get to see him in person I would have no idea what to ask him. It would probably just be a "hello."

Doug Masters

Silver Member
Well I didn't wet my pants but wifey did :) Seriously, Virgil is amazing and I was equally impressed with the other musicians. Got to meet him and get a drumhead signed and we chatted about various things for a few min. To top it off, I met Steve Lukather from Toto. Overall, a great night of music and fun.