Don’t you hate being ignored?

I’m wondering what forum the two sellers are posting a topic ... “Why do people bother sending lowball offers” ;)
Probably because of highball starting prices in many cases. Some people seriously overvalue their used stuff. Like I've heard people who think that if they keep it in "good condition", it should fetch 90% of the original price... And that's just stupid.

Probably because of highball starting prices in many cases. Some people seriously overvalue their used stuff. Like I've heard people who think that if they keep it in "good condition", it should fetch 90% of the original price... And that's just stupid.
Whenever I see something priced that high, I’m always thinking, “gee, for $20 more I can get a new one with a warranty and free shipping”. This line of thinking is only for current available items. If it’s vintage and one-of-a-kind then it becomes a discussion of “want it bad enough?”.

I'm pretty use to being ignored-probably because I also ignore people a lot too. Karma. LOL
I've never bought anything on Reverb but I'd look at the high balls as someone who is either a schmuck you don't want to deal with or it could be someone who has gained possession of the instrument and has no idea of value-I often think they'd be prime to negotiate down because as a musician knowing real value you could tell them what it's honestly worth. And really they just want to get rid of it-so any return would be nice. I'm probably wrong that said. Dammit.

As a former Reverb seller the "accept offers" option automatically gets selected when you create a listing, they probably over looked it.

One time a guy was making offers on hi-hats I accidentally listed with accept offers and I messaged him and told him I screwed up and I wasn't taking any less, he bought them and we both were both happy.

I’m wondering what forum the two sellers are posting a topic ... “Why do people bother sending lowball offers” ;)
Not really thinking 15% off is lowballing. it's a starting point for negotiation. He has the ability to counter....or decline.

Not really thinking 15% off is lowballing. it's a starting point for negotiation. He has the ability to counter....or decline.

Not arguing with you. Just pointing out that other people may have different opinions. It might have seemed horrific to the seller.

I've found that there are two types of established vendors on Reverb: those who do respond quickly with a sell, counter offer or decline and those who may check their Reverb account every several days or weekly. I would imagine with the coronavirus lockdown, slow openings, and fewer employees on staff that delays in communication are the new norm.

Look for vendors who are quick responders. I've got to say that Chicago Music Exchange has always been on top of their game with prompt responses.

If it's an individual seller it's a crap shoot if they even check their account that often. For some it's a chess game where the longer they delay responding they hope you'll either up your offer or decide to pay full price.

I made 2 offers on 2 different items on Reverb in the last month. Both were ‘make an offer’ items. The offers were both 15% below asking. A bit low but not outrageous.
In both cases the offers were ignored and sat out there for 24 hours before expiring.
Ok, not a big deal, but how much effort is it to hit ‘decline’?
I know, maybe they were sick...etc. I’m just feeling a need to complain. It’s that kind of day.
I found an interesting Premier kit locally on ebay.
I asked him what size the bass drum was, no reply.
Again. No reply.
A week later I got an offer to buy at a lower price from him.
I asked if I could come and view the kit or if he'd answer my previous enquiry. No reply.
The listing then ended. Unsold. :rolleyes::oops:

I found an interesting Premier kit locally on ebay.
I asked him what size the bass drum was, no reply.
Again. No reply.
A week later I got an offer to buy at a lower price from him.
I asked if I could come and view the kit or if he'd answer my previous enquiry. No reply.
The listing then ended. Unsold. :rolleyes::oops:
This is a recipe for a scammer. Put the bait out there and see what happens.

One thing that frustrates me about asking sellers questions is when you ask several important questions (three, for example), and they respond answering only one. Then you ask the other two and they respond back answering only one again. By the time you've finally gotten all three questions answered and enough information to make a decision, several days have passed and you lose out on the purchase because someone bought it already. I even initially number them to make it easier for them to respond to them individually the first time, and they still only address one question at a time. It's frustrating.

But, I guess like Bo Eder said:
That’s just how it is dealing with humans. They’re like a box of chocolates.
Yeah, if by "box" you mean litterbox and by "chocolates" you mean.........well, you get the idea.

...when you ask several important questions (three, for example), and they respond answering only one.
I blame the state education system for this. I hate it, too, and from what I found, it’s due to laziness.

One thing that frustrates me about asking sellers questions is when you ask several important questions (three, for example), and they respond answering only one. Then you ask the other two and they respond back answering only one again. By the time you've finally gotten all three questions answered and enough information to make a decision, several days have passed and you lose out on the purchase because someone bought it already. I even initially number them to make it easier for them to respond to them individually the first time, and they still only address one question at a time. It's frustrating.

But, I guess like Bo Eder said:

Yeah, if by "box" you mean litterbox and by "chocolates" you mean.........well, you get the idea.
Well, I was bein classy about it ?

I'm of the mind...roll with it. If it didn't actually happen, it wasn't meant to be.

Trust what happens!

Great story. One July day in 1998, I took my then girlfriend's pet parakeet Pete, in his cage, out on my deck to get some fresh air and sunshine. (I don't like seeing birds in cages) Well the wind blew the cage over while I wasn't there and Pete flew away. Crap.
I was a villain that night. I was not well liked.

The very next day, the dishwasher in my house caught fire. The bird surely would have died a terrible choking hot death trapped in his cage. If he was there.. Instead, he got at least one beautiful July day of freedom. I felt better after knowing that.

The fire...you'd think was a terrible thing, turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't find out until months later because somehow I got 10 grand from an insurance policy on my marital home in another state. (My brother in law is a public adjuster) I used that money to put down on that house (was renting at the time of the fire, owner wanted me to buy) and I love where I live. LOVE it.

The fire was mostly smoke and kitchen damage. The owner repaired it all. The dishwasher caught fire as a result of a new well that was dug a few months back (old well ran dry) and the water was brown with PA iron. It wasn't treated at all. It ruined all our clothes. The iron made a high resistance path to ground inside the dishwasher and thankfully caught the dishwasher on fire lol. No one was home at the time. My then girlfriend's aunt happened by at a critical time and alerted the fire department in time to save the house. If the nearby windows blew out the house would have burnt down.

Trust what happens!

My man you went deep on that 0ne damn. Just took my night meds and cried when Pete flew away. You are right. Trust what happens!!

Back