Does the Yamaha FP7210a Stay Put Without Spurs?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
I’m getting this pedal with the 790 series hardware. I read some great reviews about it considering how cheap it is. I figure I’ll give it a try, but not sure it’ll stay put without spurs. Any of you have it who can chime in?

TK-421

If you're putting it on your heavy Brooklyn kick, I can't imagine that you'll have any problems whatsoever.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I use this pedal for my DTX-532. It's a fairly straightforward pedal, doesn't interfere with my playing despite having a DW5000 on the acoustic kit it sits next to.

Does it creep? Not when the BD spurs are engaged. If I loosen the spurs on the DTX's eDrum tower, I can get it to creep if I try, but not as badly as some of the problem-pedals I've encountered.

I honestly can't think of a better pedal in it's sub $100 price range. Maybe an Iron Cobra with a 20% off coupon.... maybe.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I have the strap version of this pedal, the FP6110, and I’ve never had a bass drum creep with it. I think you’ll be fine. I’m even playing it on a virgin bass drum with no additional weight from mounted toms. But I’m always on the same rug I use whenever I’m on a hard surface, so my spurs may just be able to bite in consistently.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
TK-421, KamaK, Bo, thanks for chiming in. I used to have the really old late 80s double version of the pedal. I recall it working quite well on the master. Slave was super sluggish, but that was way before the Trick drive shaft days. Looking forward to giving it a try. Nothing wrong with my Mapex Falcon, but who knows. Simple, old school may just be it. We'll see.
FP7210a - yes.
FP7210b - don't even think about it.
Which is the 7210b? I don't see anything on it!

Yamaha Rider

TK-421, KamaK, Bo, thanks for chiming in. I used to have the really old late 80s double version of the pedal. I recall it working quite well on the master. Slave was super sluggish, but that was way before the Trick drive shaft days. Looking forward to giving it a try. Nothing wrong with my Mapex Falcon, but who knows. Simple, old school may just be it. We'll see.

Which is the 7210b? I don't see anything on it!
Sorry, couldn't resist being rather silly there.
As if I even know what an FP7210a is 🤭