Does the Ludwig Element SE sizes - 24" bass drums?

jodgey4

Silver Member
Does the Ludwig Element SE kits have 24" bass drums?
I want to get a 14 X 24b, 13r (or 12r if I have to), 14f, 16f set up in Citrus Mod - kind of a Mini Bonham kit with some ludwig snare (i want 8 X 14 metal snare but they don't make them - darn; i think i'll try to get a LM411). I thought I saw one on ebay (14" X 24") a while ago but haven't found one since. Thanks!

The 22x18 is the biggest drum in the series. Can have a big sound depending on the heads and how you tune it. Available toms are just 10x7.5, 12x8, 14x14, 16x14.

The way they sell these, you're limited in buying the "two up, two down" config and then shelving the small tom if you want to have one up, two down.

Though there is a 12/14/16/22 in Psych Red on fleaBay right now.

They're killer drums for the price.

-Ryan

Well I saw the Ludwig site, and it only has the 5 X 14 snare and a 6.5 X 14, yet there was a 8 X 14 ( sold) and a 6 X 14 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-Element-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9a00264) on eBay, and I could have sworn a set with a 24" bass drum (and maybe a 13" tom), could I call my local drum store and check just to be sure?

Yep. Call whoever you need to.

Are you sure it was the Elements with a 24" kick? Epics and Centennials can be bought with 24", you're not getting confused between series are you?

EDIT: I'd suggest the 6x14 listed on ebay might be a typo. look at the ad again, he has about 4 different descriptions for the same drum.

Last edited:
Yep. Call whoever you need to.

Are you sure it was the Elements with a 24" kick? Epics and Centennials can be bought with 24", you're not getting confused between series are you?

EDIT: I'd suggest the 6x14 listed on ebay might be a typo. look at the ad again, he has about 4 different descriptions for the same drum.

http://www.drums.com/auction/ludwig-element-se-6x14-snare-drum-citrus-mod.html - there's another 6 X 14, and I'm pretty positive it was a 2009 Element SE 24" Citrus Mod bass drum, either way I still wondering i would I be able to find out if they make them by calling a local store

Last edited:
http://www.drums.com/auction/ludwig-element-se-6x14-snare-drum-citrus-mod.html - there's another 6 X 14, and I'm pretty positive it was a 2009 Element SE 24" Citrus Mod bass drum, either way I still wondering i would I be able to find out if they make them by calling a local store

Check the wording of the ad again. Looks to be the same snare on a diff ad mate. He's suggesting a 6x14 and then directly underneath saying it's a 6.5x14 Epic Centurion. It's definitely an Element SE.

Looks to me like he hasn't got a clue. What does "MY RECOMMENDATION: REMOVE the original heads and wires to keep it original" mean anyway??

Call whoever you feel will help, but I'm backing it's a typo (as I'll back Ludwig to know their own product) and the seller has no idea. The combination of misleading and contradictory info on BOTH ads would lead me to double check everything though.

As for the 24" kick, I suppose it's possible they made a few prototypes and decided not to run with it. This could explain why you think you saw a 24" Element listed on ebay. But anyway, they'll be rare if that is the case and from everything I can see currently, they are definitely not available.

Last edited:
The Element "Retro" SE's are *only* available in the three shell packs. Two snare sizes, three BD sizes, and 4 tom sizes. That's a 6.5" deep snare.

-Ryan

The Element "Retro" SE's are *only* available in the three shell packs. Two snare sizes, three BD sizes, and 4 tom sizes. That's a 6.5" deep snare.

-Ryan

Dang you're right, I'm crushed. Oh well. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Back