Dodgy kick technique

dajazz

I'm going through a similar thing, what worked for me is to think of the triplet a bit more clearly, don't just fly over the triplet but keep the attention on delivering it correctly, I was rushing it and that caused the kicks to sound sloppy or just muted also try to keep your ankle straight don't twist it.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
There are many valid approaches, but general things would be to slow down and be conscious about coordination and the other would maybe be getting used to more of a heel-toe for doubles.

You have to work both heel up and heel down to train and warm up the muscles to do this effectively. Then there's the coordiational push-pull aspect of that technique.

My guess, from how you describe it, you've worked a hundred times more on your hands than your feet, so I'd just focus on the feet for a while.

Arabekfaics

Folks:

I am a big fella 65" 250 lbs with BIG feet size 15EEEE. I am looking for kick drum pedals with a LONG foot board without the hinged heel plate. I like heel-toe technique -- I am a fusion jazz player who is tired of being forced to play barefoot by kick drum pedals with dinky footboards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim