Do you wear the drum brand?

If Paiste marketed their "signature" logo as an optional alternative, I bet it would help.
lgo-Sign.jpg

It's funny- I think that's one of the best logos in drums. Unobtrusive & sophisticated. Same reason I sort of dislike Sabian's logo but love the Vault one.

My issue is with the posers. The guys that wear these shirts, but barely play drums. like a buddy of mine. He just started playing and he bought this huge drumset, he has a lot of money, and wear drum stuff all the time, like it's gonna get him girls, or something. I almost feel like Zildjian T-shirts, (and others) should be earned rather than bought.....stupid, I know.

Glasshopper, life is not always fair and sometimes people of modest gifts get things through undeserved riches.

Not sure Zildjian agree with "earned rather than bought" - I think they'd be happy if everyone bought their t-shirts, even guitarists.

I wear a Zildjian T all the time and, you know what, it is a great conversation 'piece'. I have met other drummers I never would've met if not for me wearng my Zildjian T shirt, or my Gretsch, Sonor, or DW shirts. I enjoy wearing drum gear, especially T-shirts. I'm proud of being a drummer! I love how wearing these shirts creates conversations and allows me to meet other people.

I used to have a Grestch T-shirt.

One day while having lunch, Brain Setzer (yes, that Brian Setzer) came up to me out of no where and said "I love Gretch, I play Grestch guitars!" and then walked off.

My girlfriend (now wife) was with me, and she is a huge Stzer fan, and she was dying that he talked to me. haha.

To bad that shirt eventually wore out.

I used to have a Grestch T-shirt.

One day while having lunch, Brain Setzer (yes, that Brian Setzer) came up to me out of no where and said "I love Gretch, I play Grestch guitars!" and then walked off.

My girlfriend (now wife) was with me, and she is a huge Stzer fan, and she was dying that he talked to me. haha.

To bad that shirt eventually wore out.
That's awesome!!! Ya, I bet he never would've spoken a word to you otherwise. You know you can always buy another Grestch T-shirt...:)

That's awesome!!! Ya, I bet he never would've spoken a word to you otherwise. You know you can always buy another Grestch T-shirt...:)

But would he have spoken to him if he was wearing a Zildjian t-shirt? ;)

While I occasionally wear a nice shirt with a modest logo of the brands I endorse, I will sometimes wear a competitor's shirt if it's non-threatening. So as a Ludwig artist, I wouldn't be seen in a DW or Yamaha or Pearl shirt, but I'll proudly wear my George Way, TJS and Sunluck tees!

Bermuda

While I occasionally wear a nice shirt with a modest logo of the brands I endorse, I will sometimes wear a competitor's shirt if it's non-threatening. So as a Ludwig artist, I wouldn't be seen in a DW or Yamaha or Pearl shirt, but I'll proudly wear my George Way, TJS and Sunluck tees!

Bermuda

Be careful, Ludwig's gotta be lurking around here somewhere. =)

I bought the head from a member here that sold it for a very good price. the logo came from another member that sells those along with many other drum related items. I think the screen name is Walkera1962. Send him a note for his website. The decal/transfer I got is two sided, in that one side of paper is peeled off and the decal is adhered to the head then the other paper side is peeled off. It is not a cheap looking decal with a big oval border.

go to ADdrums.com

Thanks, I got one from someone else on eBay and it looks fantastic! You'd never know it was a decal unless you were to touch it.

img5271dj.jpg

Indeed it does. My favorite reso head. I might get one for my Renown too. Looks great on yours. Yeah I'm a copycat, hehe.

Back