do you prefer classical music(orchestrated) or new age music(rock,jazz,r&b,hip hop/pop,rap,etc.)

Classical music is usually irritating to me. I can't drum with it. I can listen to it for short periods. It's like a fly on the tip of your nose while sitting in the back of a hot cop car, arrested for loitering.

If I *do* go see a symphony performance, I need about a 48 hr notice - to prepare to sit quietly, bodily functions in order, phone turned off, for a lengthy couple of hours.

On the contrary, a rock concert I can make as much noise as I want, well during the chorus that is LOL.

The other thing is, the conductor always looks out of time with the symphony. I haven't figured out if the downbeat is when the arms are up or down.

In a virtual reality context, it's as if the hologram of the conductor is 100ms ahead of the symphony's performance.

The other thing is, the conductor always looks out of time with the symphony. I haven't figured out if the downbeat is when the arms are up or down.

In a virtual reality context, it's as if the hologram of the conductor is 100ms ahead of the symphony's performance.
Get a front row seat to where there's no delay in the music reaching your ears. 🤪

That's because they are not air-drumming right on the beat but giving cues, so that the musicians have time to prepare. It looks weird, though. :)
That's why I can't deal with it on a regular basis. Give me a turn signal, something. A bad wheel on a grocery cart even.

I like all good music but I don't like bad music. So that covers every genre and all music.
LuD5me3.png

(y):LOL:

Yes to both categories.

Except that awful Contemporary Christian Music. It's like dogs being violated to my ears.

Last edited:
I like music whose transmission of truth overrides petty preoccupations with exaggerated cultural sensitivities, music that's sincere through a sense of urgent integrity, music that submits to nothing and refuses to compromise its essence for the sake of augmenting its appeal.

In summation, I like music worth listening to.

Last edited:
This is great-I need a pictorial scene for all my GetAgrippa-isms so I can make a nice book. I can use some of my photochopped pics for a backdrop too. It would be epic and maybe I could get some offshoot like Ron Hubbard.

I like both equally.
Classical is like reading a great novel and you get to share the thought process of the author when you play it.
In modern music you are an author and it only exists at the point in time you are creating it.

Rachmaninoff ROCKS!!!!

For some reason, I think the Russian classical composers have something special that I like.

There are some "New Age" type albums that I love as well.

Billy Smiley's "New Night"

Jeff Johnson's "No Shadow of Turning"

Tom Howard's "The Hidden Passage"

I can't listen to rock and pop on radio for long (old, or new with autotune!) Once you get into classical, there is no way back...

Still love playing pop and rock though!

Back