Do you know your disco? What song is this?

Re: Do you know your R&B/disco? What song is this?

Could it be "Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson?

There are a couple of drum breaks in it that sound like what you transcribed.

No it's not quite that upbeat. This song had a really smooth, steady feel to it. I wish I could remember more of it than I do :(

Any key lyrics????????

Any key lyrics????????

No, if I had that I could just do a simple search. I just know the beat, female vocal, and it came out around '78-80.
1983 at the very latest.

Brian, I've been doing that. It's so much more difficult not knowing who's who in R&B. The song must have been a pretty big hit or I never would have heard it.

I remember the drum part so well because I shared it with a high school friend of mine who was in another school's drumline, and they soon after turned it into a fantastic routine.

Try contacting that friend, or search for that drumline's members and ask them!

It's close to Donna Summer's Bad Girls-has anyone guessed that? I could see a marching band taking off on that back in the day. It also reminds me of a Michael Jackson song for some reason.

Try contacting that friend, or search for that drumline's members and ask them!

Lol, it was 1983.

The message I have entered is too short. I shall lengthen my message to at least 20 characters with these extra words

It reminds me of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." Not the intro, the verse and/or maybe chorus.

It's close.

But I'm sure you'd know that song! Huge hit in 1987.

Hope this helps, but it probably won't!

OOOOOOH I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBUH-DEE!

i wanna feel the HEAT … with somebuh-DEEee!

Edit: I just noticed, this came out much too late. But it's still a great excuse to watch Whitney at her most fun, cutest, and poppiest, in a really well-done video.

Last edited:
Lol, it was 1983.

I was able to track down several folks from a band I marched with in 1972... the internet is a wonderful thing! :)

Back