Do you ever stand back from your drums...

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
And think to yourself 'Man, I sure am lucky to have such a nice instrument to own & play.'
This happened to me today while tuning and cleaning my kit. Just kinda stood back, stared, and then realized I had a goofy grin on my face.

Last edited:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I sometimes just sit and stare at all my toys and I feel so contented that I have everything my little heart desires. Oh heck yeah, I know the feeling. I mean I wonder if bass players stare at their rig like I stare at my kits? Does a keybpoard player stare at his keys? Real acoustic drums are gorgeous looking to me.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
My red kit is set up in the back room of my house, I walk by it on my way to the bathroom frequently or if I'm letting the dogs out.

Sometimes I'll just stop and gaze at my kit and smile. Quite a bit of customization has gone into those drums and I am just ever so proud of them.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I do it as well. In fact I like my drums so much I had a photo put on my Debit card so I can show them off.

brady

Platinum Member
Good to know I'm not alone in this...

I keep one of my kits set up in our basement. I almost always give a loving swipe to one of my cymbals whenever I walk by the kit. I feel very blessed too to have such lovely drums.

johnnylaw

Yup.

Mine aren't always set up, so it's all the more alluring when they are.

I sometimes ogle guitars as well. Oh yeah, motorcycle too. Come to think of it, I'm surrounded by beauty.

A drum set though can often be somewhat unique to the player after experimentation, evolution, and tweaking. It's personal.

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
All the time, bro. I'm kinda doing it right now as I have a kit set up in my living room right in front of me. Damn, that's a nice kit.

Magenta

Platinum Member
Oh yes. All three of mine are permanently set up, although two of them are bunched together owing to constraints of space, but every single time I see them my heart gives a little smile, and there's something about Mabel even though she isn't anything that anybody else would consider special.

lefty2

Platinum Member
Lots of times before I close the door on my way out of the drum room, I'll stop and look at them for a couple of seconds. Then I think man I'm blessed.

JimFiore

Silver Member
I'm looking at the positioning of the toms, snare, floor tom and HH, and I'm thinking "This is not a right handed kit or a left handed kit or even a symmetrical kit". Therefore, I conclude that this is a no handed kit because no one will put their hands on it.