Discussion- Worst Song You've Heard

Darth Vater

It's probably not the worst song but when I gigged in the 70's/80's it was the most requested. Say this in your most drunken, southern, or midwestern, accent..............."HEY!! PLAY FREE BIRD!!" It was never part of our set list and because of that I always gag when I hear it. 🤮

Icetech

Gold Member
It's probably not the worst song but when I gigged in the 70's/80's it was the most requested. Say this in your most drunken, southern, or midwestern, accent..............."HEY!! PLAY FREE BIRD!!" It was never part of our set list and because of that I always gag when I hear it. 🤮
eck.... growing up in michigan (Kentucky north) i couldn't escape hillbilly rock at all.. i can't stomach any of it cept the allmans..

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

so i heard...and played Mustang Sally for the first time ever 2 weeks ago...and many people would vote that in the same category as Freebird

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
There are so many. Like it's been said, it's mostly the 90's "PopRocks" type tunes that every adult contemporary radio station played ad nauseum.
Personal playlists are GOLD in this issue.

someguy01

I have never like Skynard. Saying so has gotten me a lot of hate in places like TX and NC/SC/AL

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I cant stand Stairway for similar reasons. If that song was lost forever I would be perfectly okay with it.

Skynyrd is like gospel here. The world stops if "Simple Man" comes on.

BruceW

Love "What's Up?". Linda Perry has a fantastic voice. All those wannabe singers on American Idol and the likes should have to sing "What's Up?". The vocal range is all over the place, and no auto tune.

Here is my nominee, Dan Fogelberg - Same Auld Lang Syne:

The lyrics are terrible. Awkward grocery store encounter, then drinking in the car, she married someone she isnt in love with, he hates being on the road. Nothing about this song is inspiring or heart warming.
I'll not venture into "worst song" territory on principle...but I do hate that song. And it takes me an awful lot to use the word "hate"...I really despise that one... I do like a lot of other stuff that Fogelberg did.

BruceW

so i heard...and played Mustang Sally for the first time ever 2 weeks ago...and many people would vote that in the same category as Freebird
I always get a kick out of this discussion...we'll play either of them, if if fits the situation. And we'll have fun doing it. Never programmed in a set, always a request. I have a lot of fun when some wise guy yells "Freebird" thinking he's funny, and I reply back, "careful what you wish for"... ;)

drumnut87

bascially anything in the modern pop, grime, urban, or R&B charts, or country charts. or nearly everything thats on the radio.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I always get a kick out of this discussion...we'll play either of them, if if fits the situation. And we'll have fun doing it. Never programmed in a set, always a request. I have a lot of fun when some wise guy yells "Freebird" thinking he's funny, and I reply back, "careful what you wish for"... ;)
yep...it was also a request...I seriously had never heard it...our guit player just said "medium rock feel" to me...

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Sometimes music has to do with space and time-it works at that moment but doesn't transcend. The stuff that transcends just isn't that much of all the pie.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I can confidently state I've loathed this song since it's inception in 70s. I just could never understand the popularity given the great music being produced at time.