Discussion- Worst Song You've Heard

oh gawd....anything with the Auto-tune voice corrector. That is usually my bellwether...add to that anything where there are more dancers than instrumentalists on stage...

Basically for me it's any generic 90's rock like three doors down or creed, that whole timeframe can die in a fire, other than some exceptions like Garbage, corrosion of conformity, primus.. and a few others. That whole decade was so sugary pop, just.. eck.

If i could erase 1 song from history it would be this... (I would rather listen to Friday on a loop than hear this again)

Basically for me it's any generic 90's rock like three doors down or creed, that whole timeframe can die in a fire, other than some exceptions like Garbage, corrosion of conformity, primus.. and a few others. That whole decade was so sugary pop, just.. eck.

If i could erase 1 song from history it would be this... (I would rather listen to Friday on a loop than hear this again)
This song came on the damn radio every 15 minutes while I was stationed at Ft. Sill. I will always despise this tune.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This song came on the damn radio every 15 minutes while I was stationed at Ft. Sill. I will always despise this tune.

Yup.. i was working in the warehouse of an appliance store back then and had no control over the radio and it was just non stop 90's all day and night.. just... noooo never again :)

Sadly... i posted that video without hearing 1 second of it.. and it's in my fucking head.... every word... all day it will haunt me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love "What's Up?". Linda Perry has a fantastic voice. All those wannabe singers on American Idol and the likes should have to sing "What's Up?". The vocal range is all over the place, and no auto tune.

Here is my nominee, Dan Fogelberg - Same Auld Lang Syne:

The lyrics are terrible. Awkward grocery store encounter, then drinking in the car, she married someone she isnt in love with, he hates being on the road. Nothing about this song is inspiring or heart warming.

Last edited:
Man that's a tough one-history is filled with some unbelievably terrible songs. Any Tiny Tim song comes to mind off the top of my head but heck I know there is worse.

I am so glad that I retreated waaayyyy into the underground for music in the 90's...also the era of THE STUPIDEST band names...before the voice corrector test, my test for a bands suckiness was how many letters were replaced by numbers in the name....or by how much bedazzling on the jeans, black finger nail polish and eyeliner was involved on the members

and I got into COC in 1986, and Primus in 1989ish, so those bands did not count as mainstream to me

I am so glad that I retreated waaayyyy into the underground for music in the 90's...also the era of THE STUPIDEST band names...before the voice corrector test, my test for a bands suckiness was how many letters were replaced by numbers in the name....or by how much bedazzling on the jeans, black finger nail polish and eyeliner was involved on the members

and I got into COC in 1986, and Primus in 1989ish, so those bands did not count as mainstream to me

What i love about COC is their albums are all different, they didn't just make 1 thing and stick with it.. and Deliverance is just a masterpiece i REALLY love that album. Of course, i played that cd non stop all summer when building my last challenger so that might have something to do with it...

P.S. ok.. i haven't listened to them in 20+ years... and this song is boring me to death now :)

What i love about COC is their albums are all different, they didn't just make 1 thing and stick with it.. and Deliverance is just a masterpiece i REALLY love that album. Of course, i played that cd non stop all summer when building my last challenger so that might have something to do with it...

yep...from 87-96, I was a chef/kitchen manager at an upscale seafood restaurant. We had a "closed" kitchen, which meant the customers could not see or hear us...COC ,among tons of other great metal bands, was ALWAYS playing in the kitchen...Blind is my most favorite of the post hardcore albums and Deliverance is second. Those 2 albums remind me of those awesome, free times in my life back then for sure...that place was a freaking BLAST to work at

Kriss Kross. Jeez. Eh Jermaine Dupri got paid and Chirstopher Kelley OD'd. Most I can say about that debacle.

yeah.. honestly.. i may not like most music.. but at least they are doing it and getting paid.. i'm a schmuck working 70 hours a week and will die un-known and un-remembered... so.. yeah i shouldn't pick on anyone :)

Back