Discreetly positioning sheet music.

Quai34

iPad (with music, we use iReal pro) mounted to a cymbal or hi hat stand.

I did that, we use band helper and you have the setlist and all scores in front of you.
IMG_20210904_142542.jpgIMG_20210904_142605.jpgIMG_20210904_142646.jpg

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Axle Rose and Ozzy have been using teleprompters for decades. AC/DC caught slack for using one at the 2015 Grammys, which offers teleprompter usage to all performers if they want it. It's not unusual any more.

Aerosmith:

Miley Cyrus:

Celine Dion, Paul McCartney, Tom Jones, and Bruce Springsteen use them also.

A big reason I stopped going to see Ozzy live is he stopped running around on stage and pretty much just stands in front of his teleprompter. Which might be ok if he ever varied his setlist, but he pretty much just plays the same handful of songs on every tour, despite his massive catalog for songs to chose from.

I know a few years ago, Bruce Dickerson from Iron Maiden was making fun of Rob Halford of Judas Priest for using a teleprompter.

Rush also used one on their last several tours. Geddy tried to say it wasn't his idea, but it's not like he made his roadies take it down.

But yes, a lot of bands use them. And/or use tablets/screes on stage for setlists, when to change guitars, tunings, cues, etc.

TK-421

I rarely use music, but when I do, my only consideration is that it's positioned so I can see it clearly. Same for set lists. In one band, I have the sheet pinned to the wall next to me at eye-level. Anyone walking near the stage can see the list, but me seeing it is all that really matters.
I couldn't help but think of this (only very slightly edited).

1630817234522.png