Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow but it all turned out ok!

Maybe, I was just bustin' (as usual). That is some corny stuff though isn't it? ?
Yea man and I'm mildly freaking out because I could have sworn, with a gun to my head, and felt like it was 100% truth, that this was an ad that Tama did. Strongest name in drums. Goes with the ad.

Oh man I'm screwed lol. I can't find the Modern Drummer ad I'm recalling. I think my mind is rotting lol.

Yea man and I'm mildly freaking out because I could have sworn, with a gun to my head, and felt like it was 100% truth, that this was an ad that Tama did. Strongest name in drums. Goes with the ad.

Oh man I'm screwed lol. I can't find the Modern Drummer ad I'm recalling. I think my mind is rotting lol.
Sounds like your mind is trucked...or playing trucks on you...?

Bit late to this. What a horrible story but Im not surprised.
Companies sell their lower end kits to those who do not know, mum/dad and ...kids etc so Im not surprised Pearl didn't want to know and also that Sweetwater thought you might go away. The fact it took a full on letter including a link to this site to get action....speaks volumes for the power of a reputable forum such as this one.

I'm just reading through this thread for the first time...so forgive me if someone else already said this:

The thing that astonishes me more than a dud/lemon/unusable kit getting shipped out is the manufacturer's response (or lack thereof) owning up to the inferior product with their badges proudly displayed. And also that thousands of drummers from all over the world have learned of this experience and how the manufacturer treated a customer who handed over his hard earned money expecting not the high end kit, but did expect a kit without an so many defects and sloppy workmanship.

Location of production should not matter, the manufacturing company should want to keep their reputation stellar. But they allowed ignoring a $400 lemon problem to create a heck of a lot more in lost revenue to them.

@roncadillac I am glad you got this resolved, and feel your pain over the time/frustration you have spent getting your money back. With $400 you can probably find a good used kit with hardware on ebay or FB marketplace.

I own a vintage Pearl snare which is fabulous, but would definitely hesitate before buying anything new from them after reading this.

Good one Al. Today is a good day to start that will I've been postponing...while I still can.

Oh dear...
Procrastonator's creed: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?
Obverse: Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Don’t leave the brotherhood so readily @SomeBadDrummer ... (y) :D
I'm mostly a Tama guy, bought the Pearl snare because it's beautiful and sounds great and needed a new home...sort of a rescue if you will. I don't have anything against Pearl except for Ron's story.
Next snare I get I'm thinking about a Sonor or Gretsch unless I find a nice maple 13" x 7" used Tama somewhere....

I'm mostly a Tama guy, bought the Pearl snare because it's beautiful and sounds great and needed a new home...sort of a rescue if you will. I don't have anything against Pearl except for Ron's story.
Next snare I get I'm thinking about a Sonor or Gretsch unless I find a nice maple 13" x 7" used Tama somewhere....

I too have been a tama guy most my life and never had any other issues with pearl besides this so I can relate.

When a story like this gets to here...it's world wide, and people might take heed.
Word is powerful, both in the positive and negative. Especially with this new-fangled interweb thingie.

I saw a one pound stick of pepperoni once. It was not expensive at all (about 6 bucks), so I bought it.
Took it home and made pizza, and when I was done with my dinner, I looked up their customer service address, sent THE MOST SUCKASS email ever telling them how , "From now on, if I have a pizza, it has to be Bridgford Pepperoni"

They sent an email thanking me for my awesome feedback and also sent me so many coupons for their pepperoni, jerky, monkey bread...everything, it took me about a year to use them all up. (It really is great pepperoni!).

I also used the same method to try to find a snap cord tent pole that was discontinued. (Coleman) sent me an email and thanked me and said "your tent poles (2) are in the mail. There is no charge".
I was not sucking up because I was sucking up...I was sucking up because their products are great and with my Coleman tent, coolers, flashlights, lanterns, sleeping bags... I was "One happy camper".

When a story like this gets to here...it's world wide, and people might take heed.
Word is powerful, both in the positive and negative. Especially with this new-fangled interweb thingie.

I saw a one pound stick of pepperoni once. It was not expensive at all (about 6 bucks), so I bought it.
Took it home and made pizza, and when I was done with my dinner, I looked up their customer service address, sent THE MOST SUCKASS email ever telling them how , "From now on, if I have a pizza, it has to be Bridgford Pepperoni"

They sent an email thanking me for my awesome feedback and also sent me so many coupons for their pepperoni, jerky, monkey bread...everything, it took me about a year to use them all up. (It really is great pepperoni!).

I also used the same method to try to find a snap cord tent pole that was discontinued. (Coleman) sent me an email and thanked me and said "your tent poles (2) are in the mail. There is no charge".
I was not sucking up because I was sucking up...I was sucking up because their products are great and with my Coleman tent, coolers, flashlights, lanterns, sleeping bags... I was "One happy camper".

I am very guilty of sending 'happy emails' haha. It's a nice break to spread some positivity. If you ever want a laugh, relevant laugh of course, read Mitch Hedberg's letter to Gold Bond .

Hedberg's caps lock was stuck. :D

Hedberg Gold Bond.jpeg

Hedberg Gold Bond 2.jpeg

Back