Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow but it all turned out ok!

Some appliance boxes, a cutter and a bunch of tape may be in your future. ;)

Quick and positive response from sweetwater, unfortunately I don't have the boxes anymore so I'm hitting a wall with either just keeping it or paying for boxes and shipping. I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

Regarding the pic uploading, I have changed the resolution on my phone camera and it still doesn't work. I do everything on here from my phone, I don't even own a desktop/laptop to use if I wanted lol.

I see if I can find another way to get the pics up here, I'd prefer to not download another app or deal with photobucket. BUT... You should see these pics, it's pretty bad unfortunately.

Regarding the pic uploading, I have changed the resolution on my phone camera and it still doesn't work. I do everything on here from my phone, I don't even own a desktop/laptop to use if I wanted lol.
Go to your image gallery, open the image(s) you want to share and take a screen shot. I have to do this sometimes when a pic is too large. I'm only on a phone also.

Very disappointing. Just because a company uses inexpensive wood and hardware on a lower level kit doesn't mean it has to be slopped together. Shame on Pearl. Some kid who doesn't know anything about drums could have bought that and been stuck with a defective and inferior product.

Quick and positive response from sweetwater, unfortunately I don't have the boxes anymore so I'm hitting a wall with either just keeping it or paying for boxes and shipping. I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

I see if I can find another way to get the pics up here, I'd prefer to not download another app or deal with photobucket. BUT... You should see these pics, it's pretty bad unfortunately.

Why would Sweetwater hold you liable for shipping costs when they can easily email you a new label? You shouldn't be charged a penny to return a damaged set of drums. A cracked hoop, an out-of-round shell, and a split bearing edge -- the kit is all but unplayable. They might as well have delivered a pack of scrap metal and a bag of wood shavings.

They should send you a new kit at once. Then you can use those boxes to return the defective one. That's what I'd demand in your position. It's a reasonable expectation.

Very disappointing. Just because a company uses inexpensive wood and hardware on a lower level kit doesn't mean it has to be slopped together. Shame on Pearl. Some kid who doesn't know anything about drums could have bought that and been stuck with a defective and inferior product.

I agree. While materials might not be consistent among various price points, craftsmanship should never be compromised. Again, I'm shocked in this instance. Pearl is reputed for its high-quality builds, but Ron's kit is a nightmare that should never have been boxed. Someone at the factory must have been sniffing glue.

Yea, no dice unfortunately. I've got several pics and each one gave me an error message about being 'too large'.

I have to do this with every picture I post here:

Or

So where it stands with sweetwater right now is (synopsis) "sorry to hear, definitely shouldn't be like that, I opened a claim ticket for you, if you have a chance tomorrow give them a call to discuss your options." (On me not having the boxes anymore): "oh, ouch, ooo.. uh, maybe we can find a box. You may have to pay return shipping then... Make sure you ask the claim people."

This was after I got a 5 minute long rant about how busy the sales guy is and how he has been covering for his co-workers who keep calling out lol.

So where it stands with sweetwater right now is (synopsis) "sorry to hear, definitely shouldn't be like that, I opened a claim ticket for you, if you have a chance tomorrow give them a call to discuss your options." (On me not having the boxes anymore): "oh, ouch, ooo.. uh, maybe we can find a box. You may have to pay return shipping then... Make sure you ask the claim people."

This was after I got a 5 minute long rant about how busy the sales guy is and how he has been covering for his co-workers who keep calling out lol.

Got it. So you haven't spoken with the claims department yet. I think there's a 99.7 percent chance they'll get you taken care of. Sleep easily and call them in the morning.

Ugh. Sorry to hear your story. You shouldn’t have to pay anything to ship it back. I’d also be leery of getting another Roadshow.....

Upon further inspection, each split lug drum (meaning both toms and the bass drum but not the snare) have 1-2 lugs on the reso side off center.

This is getting grimmer by the second. For the love of God, man, that kit is nothing more than a pitiable heap of combustible rubbish. Burn it to a crisp and spread the ashes in a quiet grove. It deserves to make a peaceful exit.

I've read about your situation and not taking it lightly it sounds near comedic. No! One has THAT amount of flaws in one kit..its as if you were on what would YOU do. I would be near livid! that I received that nightmare. Keep us posted on the situation. I'm almost ticked myself!.

Back