Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow but it all turned out ok!

wraub

An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.

NouveauCliche

"I wrote a script and gave it to a guy that reads scripts. And he read it and said he really likes it, but he thinks I need to rewrite it. I said "Fu** that, I'll just make a copy."

Mitch was the best.

roncadillac

*unforseen update*

I wanted to give another update, Pearl's Customer Service Manager contacted me today about this. We have to go over a few more details tomorrow to finalize so without going into too much unnecessary detail I'll say this: they really want to make this right, they really want to prove the quality and integrity of their products and service, and they are working with me to get me a brand new midtown kit direct from their factory with bag set at an extremely fair price considering the situation.

C.M. Jones

*unforseen update*

I wanted to give another update, Pearl's Customer Service Manager contacted me today about this. We have to go over a few more details tomorrow to finalize so without going into too much unnecessary detail I'll say this: they really want to make this right, they really want to prove the quality and integrity of their products and service, and they are working with me to get me a brand new midtown kit direct from their factory with bag set at an extremely fair price considering the situation.

Now that's the Pearl organization I've grown to respect over the years. Your Midtown will arrive in perfect condition. If Pearl is making a concerted effort to amend the mishap that occurred with your Roadshow kit, rest assured that QC will be on notice as it prepares your new shipment. Pearl has no desire to let you down a second time.

Welcome back to Planet Pearl. The universe has realigned itself. I can finally sleep without constant torment.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
*unforseen update*

Awesome! Have you seen the newest color, Grindstone Sparkle? I kinda dig it.

preview.jpg

I'd be willing to bet your kit will be hand picked and perfect. Delivered on a magic carpet and ?. Dont sell this one!

roncadillac

Now that's the Pearl organization I've grown to respect over the years. Your Midtown will arrive in perfect condition. If Pearl is making a concerted effort to amend the mishap that occurred with your Roadshow kit, rest assured that QC will be on notice as it prepares your new shipment. Pearl has no desire to let you down a second time.

Welcome back to Planet Pearl. The universe has realigned itself. I can finally sleep without constant torment.

Honestly, I was very happy with them at least responding and acknowledging the issue. This is going above and beyond and very much appreciated. Reasons like this are why I made it a point to not 'blast' or defame them during this and simply share the facts of the situation. I'll always give any company the opportunity to make amends for an issue and in turn make me a customer for life.

roncadillac

Awesome! Have you seen the newest color, Grindstone Sparkle? I kinda dig it.

View attachment 102315

I'd be willing to bet your kit will be hand picked and perfect. Delivered on a magic carpet and ?. Dont sell this one!

It was such a stupid decision selling it and resulting hassle that I certainly intend on riding this one into the ground this time haha. I do like that silver sparkle color but the black gold sparkle is what I had last time and what is immediately available.

wraub

I thought we had a happy ending already, but this ending sounds even happier. :)

Old Dog new Cans

Glad that Pearl has stepped up, and it’s all working out ?

It always makes me wonder, what is their (manufacturer) guidelines to their employees for dealing with these situations. Was the first person roncadillac spoke with at Pearl just a newb? Or was he "doing his job"?--sending ron on a runaround basically, turning him away and sending him back to the people he purchased the kit from. Some of it's standard isn't it. Pitiful. But, yes! Happy Ending!

roncadillac

It always makes me wonder, what is their (manufacturer) guidelines to their employees for dealing with these situations. Was the first person roncadillac spoke with at Pearl just a newb? Or was he "doing his job"?--sending ron on a runaround basically, turning him away and sending him back to the people he purchased the kit from. Some of it's standard isn't it. Pitiful. But, yes! Happy Ending!

Ive done customer service in a number of different industries and the general mentality is 'polite apologetic deflection' unless someone really sticks to their point. Not saying it's a good way but it's very common.

Right now I do a full on customer service job. We advertise "all sales are final" and if someone complains about a purchase I am required to basically apologize, suggest a different product, and reiterate our policy of all sales being final... HOWEVER we also offer a "no hassle replacement/refund" policy that we don't advertise and are only allowed to talk about it/use it as a last resort when someone won't drop an issue.

In this case the person who is handling the midtown packing and shipping for me has a title of "b stock warehouse supervisor" so I wouldn't be totally surprised if my midtown is considered "b stock" as well. It's not coming from Nashville, it's actually coming from one of their distribution facilities in Chambersburg PA.

Last edited:

roncadillac

Ouch, they want $100 shipping. I'm not sure if I'm going to actually finalize this because, even though they are offering a good price on the midtown, the difference is eaten up by the shipping price. When everything is said and done I'll end up paying basically the same price as if I bought I from sweetwater with free shipping... lol

Last edited:

roncadillac

Ask them to waive shipping cost. Otherwise not interested.

I sent a response basically saying that while I appreciate their efforts this is becoming less and less satisfactory. It only cost sweetwater $70 to ship the Roadshow back (with full hardware set AND some larger diameter shells). I explained that when everything is said and done I'm paying almost the same price for a B stock kit with shipping as I would for a brand new kit with free shipping AND I still don't have hardware or pedal so it's another $300+ right there.

Last edited:

roncadillac

Ok, due to the circumstances they are waving the shipping cost so I'm definitely going to accept and lock this down.

It took a bit of back and forth (and I remained polite and cordial) but it seems like we are finally at the end of the tunnel.

I also sincerely hope someone doesn't use this situation to try and bilk pearl (or any company for that matter) because my situation was very unique (as confirmed by pretty much everyone here), I am an honest consumer, and they are a solid all around company that had a brief 'gum in the works' that they did go out of their way to take care of.