Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow but it all turned out ok!

wraub

I'm with Mr Jones here... it may be better to back away slowly while keeping your eyes on it. It's clearly not of this world.

Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure.

roncadillac

@wraub and @C.M. Jones the problem is if it 'take it out to the barn' then I'm out everything! Literally the only reason I bought this and not the midtown is because it came with the hardware and I needed hardware. If this goes then all I have left is my tama cocktail jam which I hate so much I haven't played drums in 6 weeks. Now THIS happened!

Man... I never should have got rid of the midtown. Now I'm broke AND (essentially) drum-less

wraub

First, breathe. :)

Definitely follow up with Sweetwater first thing tomorrow, and see what they can do. Options exist. There seems, as yet, no need to panic.

Now, breathe. :D

@wraub and @C.M. Jones the problem is if it 'take it out to the barn' then I'm out everything! Literally the only reason I bought this and not the midtown is because it came with the hardware and I needed hardware. If this goes then all I have left is my tama cocktail jam which I hate so much I haven't played drums in 6 weeks. Now THIS happened!

Man... I never should have got rid of the midtown. Now I'm broke AND (essentially) drum-less

roncadillac

First, breathe. :)

Definitely follow up with Sweetwater first thing tomorrow, and see what they can do. Options exist. There seems, as yet, no need to panic.

Now, breathe. :D

Thanks, you are correct.

Sorry for the panic... I do a sucky customer service job where I get screamed at all day, I already had serious regret over selling the midtown in the first place, and I had to video 'chat' with a dying family member just put on hospice today so I'm mentally all over the place.

wraub

You clearly have enough to concern you, I definitely suggest you try to clear your mind of this for now, and relax as you can.
Family may need you, and, again, you have some options here.
Also, remember to breathe, It's important to live and stuff, but it can help relieve stress. I advise deep breathing as often as possible, most around me are sick of hearing it. But, it works.

Please take care.

Thanks, you are correct.

Sorry for the panic... I do a sucky customer service job where I get screamed at all day, I already had serious regret over selling the midtown in the first place, and I had to video 'chat' with a dying family member just put on hospice today so I'm mentally all over the place.

PaisteGuy

It’s unbelievable that kit made it out of the factory. I would be so bold as to contact Pearl Nashville as mentioned (keeping Sweetwater in the loop) and ask for a Midtown kit WITH some flat based hardware. Pearl may agree to that, after seeing the horrid condition of the roadshow kit.

Last edited:

someguy01

Regarding the pic uploading, I have changed the resolution on my phone camera and it still doesn't work. I do everything on here from my phone, I don't even own a desktop/laptop to use if I wanted lol.
I got a free app compress puma for this same problem. My lowest resolution is still too big for the forum. This little app works well (if you have an android)

Yamaha Rider

Quick and positive response from sweetwater, unfortunately I don't have the boxes anymore so I'm hitting a wall with either just keeping it or paying for boxes and shipping. I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

Regarding the pic uploading, I have changed the resolution on my phone camera and it still doesn't work. I do everything on here from my phone, I don't even own a desktop/laptop to use if I wanted lol.

I see if I can find another way to get the pics up here, I'd prefer to not download another app or deal with photobucket. BUT... You should see these pics, it's pretty bad unfortunately.
You need a photo editor on your phone or computer to post pics tbh. Then you just resize them to, say, 30% of original size and post.

roncadillac

*minor update*

I just spoke to 'Joey' over the phone at pearl corporate customer service. His exact response,

"Well.. you're gonna just have to return it to Sweetwater for a replacement. There isn't anything we can do about that here."

So I hung up.

He then called back and left a message, "Hey buddy, I don't know if you hung up on me or what but yea.. call sweetwater to get a replacement."

Meanwhile I STILL haven't received a response to the emails I sent on Sunday and Monday. So much for Pearl's 'great' customer service.

This sucks. This really freaking sucks.

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

*minor update*

I just spoke to 'Joey' over the phone at pearl corporate customer service. His exact response,

"Well.. you're gonna just have to return it to Sweetwater for a replacement. There isn't anything we can do about that here."

So I hung up.

He then called back and left a message, "Hey buddy, I don't know if you hung up on me or what but yea.. call sweetwater to get a replacement."

Meanwhile I STILL haven't received a response to the emails I sent on Sunday and Monday. So much for Pearl's 'great' customer service.

While "Joey's" demeanor was less than congenial, the crux of his response isn't surprising. It's usually the retailer's responsibility to handle returns, even when products are defective. At the same time, his lack of contrition is disappointing. Your kit is a wreck, and Pearl should be effusive with regret and apology. There's no excuse for a product in complete ruin to be packaged, shipped, and sold.

I'm still in awe of this mess. A kit with a single flaw might be understandable, but that's not what you received. How this occurred is perplexing.

roncadillac

While "Joey's" demeanor was less than congenial, the crux of his response isn't surprising. It's usually the retailer's responsibility to handle returns, even when products are defective. At the same time, his lack of contrition is disappointing. Your kit is a wreck, and Pearl should be effusive with regret and apology. There's no excuse for a product in complete ruin to be packaged, shipped, and sold.

I'm still in awe of this mess. A kit with a single flaw might be understandable, but that's not what you received. How this occurred is perplexing.

We are on the same page my friend. It's looking more and more like my return (if I can even get it done, keep being put on hold with sweetwater) will go towards a tama club jam.

Stroman

Platinum Member
*minor update*

So I hung up.

Man, sorry you are having such a bad experience. And the other things stressing you in life are making the experience worse. But it will get resolved, somehow. Hang in there.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
This isn't even a lemon. You got a bad oyster-which smells foul. Not every oyster has a perfect Pearl. I'd call Pearl and tell them of your experience. If they want confirmation you can "reference" the forum for back up.
Oh crap just read dang screw Pearl and Sweetwater if they can't help you. We need to create a new Thread _NEVER BUY A PEARL ROADSHOW-it's a SHITSHOW. You can lament no support for a piece of crap not worth kindling. Maybe we do like the Stockmarket incident and wag the dog . Then it will be kindling for Pearl with a whole bunch of crappy kits they can't give away. Let's stick it to them.

roncadillac

This isn't even a lemon. You got a bad oyster-which smells foul. Not every oyster has a perfect Pearl. I'd call Pearl and tell them of your experience. If they want confirmation you can "reference" the forum for back up.
Oh crap just read dang screw Pearl and Sweetwater if they can't help you. We need to create a new Thread _NEVER BUY A PEARL ROADSHOW-it's a SHITSHOW. You can lament no support for a piece of crap not worth kindling. Maybe we do like the Stockmarket incident and wag the dog . Then it will be kindling for Pearl with a whole bunch of crappy kits they can't give away. Let's stick it to them.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I typically take the same approach to most situations. However I'm trying to take life at a different pace lately and don't want to defame a company with a strong following and solid all around portfolio. So... I'll go take a cold shower and cry to myself like Ace Ventura after he realized 'where' Ray ACTUALLY went lol.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I just cant believe the lugs. Maybe the hoop was made by another company and just overlooked (<--speculation). The ply just looks short to me, although I agree that's not acceptable. It very well may separate easier because of this. But the lugs, that's just crazy. Looking at the screws its obvious, and someone had to put those screws in.