Dilemma : what should I sell?

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
So I decided to buy a deep Pearl Free Floater with the intention of selling my shallow one. I ordered it from GC and got it, and to my horror it was in pretty rough shape. Rusted rims, a hex screw on the tube lug snapped off inside the tube lug, and the shell was damaged and pitted. Obviously I wasn't very happy with it and can get my full refund - but here's the thing - the drum actually ended up being the coveted 8 x 14" so it was misadvertised, plus for me; and it came with an upgraded 42 strand snare wire.

I've been tinkering around with both and realizing I'll have to sell one. This deep FF makes me feel so good and it sounds FAB. I decided to put the 42 strand wire on my shallow FF and it came alive. Okay so now I love both of them but I can't justify keeping them both (and neither can my wife - pressure is on). So what's a guy to do? Sell one of my rides? I've already tried the big shell in the small ff platform. Doesn't quite work as well. The deal is to raise the $200 i spent on it eithet by returning it or selling my shallow FF. I hate these decisions!

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Wait it out. Work some more to save some money and keep your gear. I regret gear that I've sold in the past.
Wives come and go but a good drum can last a lifetime.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Wait it out. Work some more to save some money and keep your gear. I regret gear that I've sold in the past.
Wives come and go but a good drum can last a lifetime.
That's the golden nugget for the day...to be sure.+100000.Good drums also cost a whole lot less...especially in the long run..:)

Steve B

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
Heh with all due respect my wife IS more valuable than my drums, and I will honor her wishes. Larryace says I should sell the thin one... Hmm maybe he's right.....

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Heh with all due respect my wife IS more valuable than my drums, and I will honor her wishes. Larryace says I should sell the thin one... Hmm maybe he's right.....
I'll tell you what. Send it this way and I'll 'hold on' to it while you take some time to think about it ;)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I'd get rid of the rusted one. Why put all of that elbow grease into a mis-advertised drum? Get you money back and wait for a nicer one.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Comes down to whether you want to put time and more money into the new drum.
I think I'd go GD's route and send it back.
Then get the 42 strand snares for your current drum.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Do you have anything else cool you can sell? Post it on the Classifieds section and recoup your losses then keep both snares. A deep snare and a shallow snare can cover a lot of sonic ground, no shame in keeping them both.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
You just need $200? Don't go out to dinner three or four times and you've saved $200. You don't have to sell anything. Or maybe you're one of those people who like Starbucks and spend on average $35 a week? A little over a month of no Starbucks and you're golden!

Altar

You just need $200? Don't go out to dinner three or four times and you've saved $200. You don't have to sell anything. Or maybe you're one of those people who like Starbucks and spend on average $35 a week? A little over a month of no Starbucks and you're golden!
$35 a week? Try $100.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
$35 a week? Try $100.
I was being kind ;)

I knew a lady who had to have her Starbucks everyday we worked and it would be almost $20 a day for five days a week! I gave her a coffee maker for Christmas years ago - it wasn't quite as sexy as going to Starbucks, but she did eventually curb her Starbucks trips!

CreeplyTuna

Silver Member
I'd get rid of the rusted one. Why put all of that elbow grease into a mis-advertised drum? Get you money back and wait for a nicer one.
Right on the money. I know it sounds good, but you could find one in better condition. An new rims will set you back anyway.

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
To be completely fair and honest, I have spent a TON of money this past year. I recently got into a new hobby of hunting and firearms, which has cost me a few grand. I've also picked up a new back up kit, about 6 cymbals, and about a dozen guitar pedals. She has one hobby and that is painting. She doesn't spend more than $50 on supplies every month.

In our household I'm definitely the BIG spender. So yeah, my wife asking me toget rid of yet another snare I bought is no biggie. ;-)

And if I sold my wife I'd be terribly lonely...

You guys are funny.