Different Member Levels

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
The way i understand is like this..

People who were allready a member with the old forum software, just kept the same “member title” they allready had, meaning that “title” will also never change again, regardless the amount of posts..

And people who joined the forum after the new forum software, are developing their “member title” according the new software, meaning they have the steps like “well-known member”, etc..

bigbang

Pioneer Member
I’m a pioneer member which means , I was a member on the old , old forum before 2005.
There’s probably not a lot of us left.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I got a title at the 10,000 post mark I think it was.

Bernhard used WhoIsTony? 's idea to name me uncle.

Thanks to both.

Naigewron

Platinum Member
The basic user title 'ladder' is:

New Member - 0-4 posts
Member - 5-24 posts
Active Member - 25-44 posts
Well-Known Member - 45+ posts

This might be a forum migration thing then.

Anyone registered after the move gets those titles, while members from the old forum still have their old titles (junior member, senior member, platinum member, etc).

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I joined in 2007 so missed the pioneer by "this much". Dang that's so ago I don't remember anything from back then. I think I did have AGrip back then. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. In my best Dan Quayle voice LOL.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I joined in 2007 so missed the pioneer by "this much". Dang that's so ago I don't remember anything from back then. I think I did have AGrip back then. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. In my best Dan Quayle voice LOL.

Art, you're so funny!

It's interesting - I joined before my listed date, though I can't remember exactly when. Maybe 2005 or 2006. Anyway, I got hacked or something, and I got "banned," and started getting these vulgar and obnoxious hate emails that were supposedly from Bernhard. They weren't, of course. I registered under another name and contacted the admins, letting them know what was going on, and somehow they reset my old account, and that's how I ended up with the 2007 date, I believe. This was before Grunt and Bermuda were admins. I think it was Nutha Jason and Dogbreath, IIRC.

MntnMan62

I'm begging for the "Diamond Member" but the most they will consider is "Diamond in the Rough Member". So I gave up on that and asked for the title of "Biggest Member" but they told me I was being a dick. How about "Well-Known Lunatic and Hobbyist" maybe a little to accurate. All that means nothing the real treat is getting a grand slam of having a comment on all Forum sections when someone checks in-GetAgrippa is comment in all sections. I've done it twice now so just one more and it's "Grand Slammer Member" which obviously no one has achieved this accolade.

I would suggest modifying their recommended title and go with "Diamond in the Ruff Member".

C.M. Jones

I'm a "Well-known Member" because I've been expelled from every forum I've ever joined, an outlaw of sorts.

Actually, this is the only forum I participate in. I don't use social media either -- no Facebook, Twitter, or anything of that sort. I like to keep my life as local as possible (family, bandmates, and real-live friends), but we all have idle time in the post-pandemic world.

T.Underhill

Pioneer Member
Art, you're so funny!

It's interesting - I joined before my listed date, though I can't remember exactly when. Maybe 2005 or 2006. Anyway, I got hacked or something, and I got "banned," and started getting these vulgar and obnoxious hate emails that were supposedly from Bernhard. They weren't, of course. I registered under another name and contacted the admins, letting them know what was going on, and somehow they reset my old account, and that's how I ended up with the 2007 date, I believe. This was before Grunt and Bermuda were admins. I think it was Nutha Jason and Dogbreath, IIRC.

Same here. I had another account before this one but was "banned" for being awesome. 15 years going strong haha

MntnMan62

Interestingly I reached out to the Moderators of the site via the Contact Us link on the bottom of the screen. Thus far I have received no response. So, I guess my 246 messages and 164 reaction score makes me a Junior Member for the rest of my life.

BruceW

Somehow, being classified as a "Senior" member is both a positive thing, and a frightening one...tho given my rapidly advancing years, its suits me, I'm afraid ;):eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

rhumbagirl

Interestingly I reached out to the Moderators of the site via the Contact Us link on the bottom of the screen. Thus far I have received no response. So, I guess my 246 messages and 164 reaction score makes me a Junior Member for the rest of my life.
I wonder if the posts-per-day is being used at all, since yours is low for someone who joined almost ten years ago?

MntnMan62

I wonder if the posts-per-day is being used at all, since yours is low for someone who joined almost ten years ago?

Yeah. I did join a long time ago but only became active as of early this year. So, of my 246+ posts I'd say 230+ of them were posted this year. Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. I was just curious.

Yeah. I did join a long time ago but only became active as of early this year. So, of my + posts I'd say 230+ of them were posted this year. Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. I was just curious.

I never noticed the titles or should I say what they meant , before this thread I. It’s weird now that I read through this thread I still don’t understand them lol , because I saw a list in order of how the titles go in this thread and with a join date of a little over two years ago, appx 450 messages and reaction score of
appx 230 I’m a “member” ( lol 😉) but someone with lower numbers and time here have a title higher up the list 🤷🏻‍♂️. Doesn’t matter really as I just learned all this but interesting though 🤔. I guess I’ll be a d*#k , .... I mean member forever lol 😂

rhumbagirl

Yeah. I did join a long time ago but only became active as of early this year. So, of my 246+ posts I'd say 230+ of them were posted this year. Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. I was just curious.
Hmmm, what happened in those ten years? In the mountains?? Oops I crossed the boundary. That's a prison term. What'd you do??

rhumbagirl

I never noticed the titles or should I say what they meant , before this thread I. It’s weird now that I read through this thread I still don’t understand them lol , because I saw a list in order of how the titles go in this thread and with a join date of a little over two years ago, appx 450 messages and reaction score of
appx 230 I’m a “member” ( lol 😉) but someone with lower numbers and time here have a title higher up the list 🤷🏻‍♂️. Doesn’t matter really as I just learned all this but interesting though 🤔. I guess I’ll be a d*#k , .... I mean member forever lol 😂
I think they must use a rule that if your userid has your age in it, or an indicator of your age (ie over 50) then they don't need to add 'Senior' in front of 'Member'. Actually you're the first I've seen that's just a member. What'd you do?

Last edited: