Did Peter Criss really play in those boots?

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
I know whoever is with them now (Eric Singer, yeah?) plays in flats. He does the walk to and from the kit in his humongous platform shoes, but slips on the flat shoes to actually play. I wonder if that idea was borrowed?

Still, Meytal seems to pull off some pretty lofty heels. So I guess it can be done.

M

Matt Bo Eder

I think he switched to flat shoes myself. And according to Paul Stanley, is it a fair question to ask if Peter Criss actually played?

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Idk. I've always wondered about this. I've played in snow boots before. It wasn't impossible. It would make sense switching to flat shoes before the performance.

Mongrel

Silver Member
Probably had heels that could be removed quickly and reattached... Or maybe the "boots" were slipovers that he could get on and off quickly...

Be hard on the other band members waiting around for him to zip off 20" high boots and change into his sneakers and the back again after the show! lol

I just got a mental picture of Peter Criss on the Mr. Rogers Show....

M

Matt Bo Eder

Is it? Did he?

Dutch
I just recall Paul stating in an interview how Peter was always complaining about muscle aches and pains, so they installed triggers in the drums so it would sound huge through the system. I'm sure in the beginning Peter played. It'd be interesting to know if they didn't call in someone else for the albums later on.

Axe

I just recall Paul stating in an interview how Peter was always complaining about muscle aches and pains, so they installed triggers in the drums so it would sound huge through the system. I'm sure in the beginning Peter played. It'd be interesting to know if they didn't call in someone else for the albums later on.
It's common knowledge Anton Fig played on Dynasty and Unmasked. Petey used triggers starting on the reunion tour because he hit like a 5 yr old.