Developing Finger Control

Rock Salad

Jonathan, I'd like to thank you for your candid demonstrations of what fast is. I don't think I've ever seen any lesson videos that clearly show that from a pure technique perspective.
As a beginner, when fast or medium is demonstrated in context, the context confuses the technique and it all sounds unattainable. But when you break it down to the motions of a single hand I can see quite clearly, and it has raised my hopes for my own playing. Thank you so much for that!
I'm a fan,
Andrew

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
Jonathan, I'd like to thank you for your candid demonstrations of what fast is. I don't think I've ever seen any lesson videos that clearly show that from a pure technique perspective.
As a beginner, when fast or medium is demonstrated in context, the context confuses the technique and it all sounds unattainable. But when you break it down to the motions of a single hand I can see quite clearly, and it has raised my hopes for my own playing. Thank you so much for that!
I'm a fan,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, what a wonderful comment to make. I'm thrilled that my videos are helping you with your own playing.

Best of luck, keep me informed of your progress, stay in touch, and keep pushing!

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
This is fantastic and should be a sticky.

Every thread where someone asks about blast beats or going fast I always say learn to use your fingers. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Gonna just start redirecting folks to this thread so they can watch the video.