Deleted

Quai34

Purge. I'm afraid my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.
I'm afraid my wife wil call my friends asking them to take back all of their gear they let me use!!! A lot of them would be very surprised to know that have that much of their stuff in my basement!

Quai34

Funny I missed this thread!?
Ok acquisition mode a lot since I decided to start my new band, first one of my own in years as Band Leader and Muscila Director. So, starting in Oct 2017, using the drums of the drummers who,we're trying to play with us, a lot got disapointed with our need to play in a click and not being able to do it so, after a year, in October 2018, I bought my first kit.
Tehn, found in love with cymbals especially with the help,of the guy who sold me his kit, he had in the last up to 12 lots in his basement, Vintage ones from 60's, 70's and 80's, 300 cymbals and 75 snares!!!
But I couldn't accept the fact that's, if I wanted more cymbals, some would,stay in a closet and wouldn't be ready to be played, so, the challenge was to out as much cymbals I could on the kit and stop after that.... I got 32 cymba,s and it's a joy to play them.
Then, starting to learn how to tune Snares, got my first snare of my own in August 2019 and now I'm at 10. Ha ok, the first snare was the basic Tama CoS plus wrap that came with the kit, basic "Poop" sound.
So, I' supposed to stop at 10 Sabres, my friends went through a big phase of downsizing, and wants to get 10 to 15 snares, he sold old Rogers, Ludwig etc and made tons of money to put towards his mortage, ditto with cymbals. I bought some of his, most of my hardware, pro level stuff, super sturdy, quite heavy too but still working like a charm after years of use.
And then, finally, decided that, because of the pandemic, we were not getting anymore gigs and O was fed up to look for serious musicians that could commit to learn their parts, be prepared, on time and playing to get to the upper level, what I was doing for me in fact, I decided to transform the practice place in a recoding space so, lots of dampening,'diffusers, mixers, mics, cables etc... Some Compressors and gates too due to my room not being large enough to get a good sound right out of the box, 16.5 X 12.5 ' only!! Where you have my keys that takes 9X6', drums 7X5', one guitarist with two Amos and a 20 pedals pedalboard, 4 guitars, one bassist with pedalboard as well and 3 basses, all of mine and stuff for 3 singers, all on IEM etc...
So, next purchase, definitely the Utility snare stand proposed to me by CBPhoto a long time ago when I decided to build a small collection of snares that you all helped me to finalize with great advices thank you.
But stopped to buy cymbals, last one was 5 months ago with the Paiset masters 22" dark crisp ride. I will get eventually one Hihat to go with them and one Paiste signature full crash 18" to go wi the two Dark Energy and the Dark crisp signature Hihat but that's it, I won't have even the place to put them on the kit.
So, I'm close to have the recording room of my dreams since I was 15 and now, I just need to find time to record but working for the governement in vaccine programs has been busy for the last 3 years!!!
So, all of the gear in my signature entered in the house since October 2018, 4 years ago. So, al that to say, I'm in big acquisition mode and love all of them because I play them all the time, 4 Snares around the kit and the 34 cymbals. Voila, that's it.

wildbill

Platinum Member
I'm almost always in all 3 modes. o_O

Drum sets - 2 keepers, but as new ideas or projects come up, others come in and go out - so mostly hold steady.
Cymbals - always on the lookout for different stuff, until I realize I've hit the 'ridiculous amount' again - then purge.
Incidentals - (heads, sticks, small percussion stuff, etc.) - usually acquire, then 'hoard' mode. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

harryconway

Platinum Member
Well .... when a good deal comes up ..... I gotta add.

I have had the Round Badge kit for quite a while, but being a Name Band 20, 13, 16 configuration, I always thought that a bit "odd" ..... so I was recently able to score a 24x14 ..... so now I can pair that, with my RB toms, and have a 24, 13, 16 combo.

And then a 12, 14 combo showed up, so I grabbed those and made a 20, 12, 14 combo.

And then a Yamaha Rock Tour came my way (22, 12, 16). Pretty interesting kit. The only big-leaf Mahogany shells Yamaha's ever made (that I'm aware of).

4 b 24, 13, 16.jpg
6 20, 12, 14.jpg
2.jpg

Drumdame

Silver Member
Well .... when a good deal comes up ..... I gotta add.

I have had the Round Badge kit for quite a while, but being a Name Band 20, 13, 16 configuration, I always thought that a bit "odd" ..... so I was recently able to score a 24x14 ..... so now I can pair that, with my RB toms, and have a 24, 13, 16 combo.

And then a 12, 14 combo showed up, so I grabbed those and made a 20, 12, 14 combo.

And then a Yamaha Rock Tour came my way (22, 12, 16). Pretty interesting kit. The only big-leaf Mahogany shells Yamaha's ever made (that I'm aware of).

View attachment 124626
View attachment 124627
View attachment 124628
Love that Gretsch kit... I'm a Gretsch fan!

"Drum On"

Last edited:

Ronzo

For drums I am holding steady.
For guitars I was in acquisition mode but I believe I may be close to holding steady. Possibly a weee bit of a guitar purge.
Oh hell…let’s be honest…I am in all 3 modes all the time…24/7 365.