Decided to celebrate by buying...

SgtThump

Platinum Member
... A brand new Ludwig Classic Maple kit with the exact features I wanted -- large lugs, "T" tension rods on bass drum, arch spurs, thermogloss finish, blue/olive badges, and Bonham sizes. Can't believe it was IN STOCK at a local dealer! It's exactly how I would've ordered it!

I'm celebrating being within 2 weeks of completing a 5-year alimony sentence!

Just got it 2 days ago and need torun it through the paces before commenting too much, but I'll make a video and go into a more detailed review soon! Too excited not to share immediately!

PS - Still contemplating a bass drum cymbal mount.

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 688
Very COOL!!

Congrats!

Sweet !!

It's hard to beat the good old standard drum setup.

Congrats! You're gonna dig it.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Anyone know why there are no serial numbers on the blue/olive badge? Theyrenot cutoff, just blank. Do they do that nowadays?

Beautiful Ludwigs, Sarge - enough to make a Luddy fan's heart skip a beat! Please do add that bd-mounted ride cymbal arm. Not only will it complete the classic look, you'll find it to be one of the handiest add-ons you can do to a drum set. I added one to my set years ago, and I'm thinking of adding a spare one to the top of the bd to carry a splash cymbal.

"I'm celebrating being within 2 weeks of completing a 5-year alimony sentence!" That was not actually jail time, was it? Do the courts really jail people over alimony? That's like the old debter's prison - like a man behind bars is able to pay? I don't get it.

GeeDeeEmm

Beautiful Ludwigs, Sarge - enough to make a Luddy fan's heart skip a beat! Please do add that bd-mounted ride cymbal arm. Not only will it complete the classic look, you'll find it to be one of the handiest add-ons you can do to a drum set. I added one to my set years ago, and I'm thinking of adding a spare one to the top of the bd to carry a splash cymbal.

"I'm celebrating being within 2 weeks of completing a 5-year alimony sentence!" That was not actually jail time, was it? Do the courts really jail people over alimony? That's like the old debter's prison - like a man behind bars is able to pay? I don't get it.

GeeDeeEmm

Ha ha! I should explain. I've been paying alimony for almost 5 years. Ill send my last payment in 2 weeks!!!! I never missed a check.

So yeah, im comparing that with a prison sentence. :)

Is there not a better feeling than setting up new drums in the living room for the first time?

I think not.

Congrats on that timeless beauty!

On new drums the serial # should be on the label on the inside, not on the badge.

Thanks! I see the label on the inside of the bass drum with the serial number (the toms have coated heads on both sides and I haven't removed them yet.) I was just confused, because I see some new kits with blue/olive badge on eBay that have serial numbers stamped on the badge and my acrolite reissue from 2-3 years ago is the same.

Seems like they maybe only did that a short while, not sure. Thanks for the info!

Is there not a better feeling than setting up new drums in the living room for the first time?

I think not.

Congrats on that timeless beauty!

Ha ha! That's exactly what I did (well, the main room downstairs anyway.) I set them up in there first to check everything out, then moved it over to my drum room.

Yeah, I'm loving this right now. :)

Back