Ddrums

Shadowvic

Brand new member here looking for advice :p

Okay I've had a 5-piece Yamaha kit for about 7 yrs now.
I went to a local music store and fell in love with a Ddrum set that is on sale (From $1600 To $988).
But idk if to stick with my kit cuz I've read good and bad reviews about Ddrum kits..and makes me have doubts
So my question is, are Ddrums kits good?

dragtime

I have a 3 piece ddrum dios maple kit that I picked up on Ebay new for like $450 or so. It was my main gigging set until I picked up a set of ludwig classic maples recently.

The dios drums sound pretty decent for an intermediate level kit. When mic'd, I find the toms to sound a little "tubey." The kick drum sounds pretty punchy and deep. Its a 20x20 and I would categorize its playing feel as being slightly sloppy. When you play the 20x20 it kind of feels the same as if you were playing a 24x16 or 24x18.

All in all, the kit sounds good. Given the choice between my ludwig CMs and the dios, I would definitely choose the CMs, but the ddrum dios kit is a wonderful kit for what I paid for it.

I would watch Ebay/Craigslist for a while. There is a full ddrum dios kit selling for $750 right now on Ebay and I know that 3 piece configurations pop up on ebay for around $400-$500 occasionally. That is, if 3 piece is your desired setup.

Shadowvic

I have a 3 piece ddrum dios maple kit that I picked up on Ebay new for like $450 or so. It was my main gigging set until I picked up a set of ludwig classic maples recently.

The dios drums sound pretty decent for an intermediate level kit. When mic'd, I find the toms to sound a little "tubey." The kick drum sounds pretty punchy and deep. Its a 20x20 and I would categorize its playing feel as being slightly sloppy. When you play the 20x20 it kind of feels the same as if you were playing a 24x16 or 24x18.

All in all, the kit sounds good. Given the choice between my ludwig CMs and the dios, I would definitely choose the CMs, but the ddrum dios kit is a wonderful kit for what I paid for it.

I would watch Ebay/Craigslist for a while. There is a full ddrum dios kit selling for $750 right now on Ebay and I know that 3 piece configurations pop up on ebay for around $400-$500 occasionally. That is, if 3 piece is your desired setup.
Hmm, thanks for the info.
and this set that I liked is a 5-piece :p
I'll see what I can do, thx again.
Idk why i didnt think of Ebay lol

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Most drummer forums you visit these days have at least a few members that sell new drums,and most of these guys say that DDrum has the worst quality control of any entry/intermeadiate level drums.Remember...DDrum really does not make pro level drums and they have only been making acoustic drums for a short time.I would stay clear .

Steve B