Ddrum upping their game?

wildbill

Platinum Member
Just ran across a pre-order Guitar Center exclusive from Ddrum. Surprisingly, it looks pretty nice.
Most of the stuff I've run across from them has been pretty entry level.
While this is certainly no high end, pro level set, the features and specs look good given the price:

Thoughts?

Ddrum has always made high end lines along with beginner and intermediate. The Appice brothers aren’t using Diablos ;).

Beautiful looking drum set. Funny how Ddrum is sticking with the cannon sized bass drums, though. I haven't seen a shallow sized BD from them before (12-15" deep).

Beautiful looking drum set. Funny how Ddrum is sticking with the cannon sized bass drums, though. I haven't seen a shallow sized BD from them before (12-15" deep).
22x28 is still pretty regular and by far not the 22x20 or 22x22 some (including themselves in the past) companies bring out.

They also have the Speakeasy Flyer kit out for a while that has a 18x14 bass drum.

1664781401965.jpeg

Their Dios line always has been a great set with proper hardware and overall build.

Recently chickened out buying this, and went with Renowns. I knew Renowns, but had never heard these. But I'd bet they're awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-185255~2.png
    Screenshot_20220627-185255~2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

I would buy these below at $650 for a 5 piece before I went with a more expensive Stage Custom...... 10 lug kick.. 2.3 hoops all around.. no removing lugs trick like the others...

I would buy these below at $650 for a 5 piece before I went with a more expensive Stage Custom...... 10 lug kick.. 2.3 hoops all around.. no removing lugs trick like the others...

On paper, it looks like you get more for your money, but I haven't had a chance to try them.

They did do a Paladin Walnut Speakeasy bop kit a while back. Didn't get to try it, but I liked the sound of the demo (scroll down a bit here):

They did do a Paladin Walnut Speakeasy bop kit a while back. Didn't get to try it, but I liked the sound of the demo (scroll down a bit here):

Yeah that thing does sound very impressive.. They also gave a review of the kit I put in the video above.. Dominion Birch.. but I cannot read the whole thing because I am not a subscriber.. You can see the first couple lines about the praise they were giving : https://www.moderndrummer.com/article/ddrum-dominion-birch-with-ash-veneer-drumset/

Always?

I thought they haven't been around all that long. Tell me about Ddrum's history.
They have a wiki page but I haven’t memorized it. I think the late 90s. They mostly cater to metal heads and electronic drummers with their triggers which are pretty popular.

On paper, it looks like you get more for your money, but I haven't had a chance to try them.

A friend of mine bought a set of those on closeout from Amazon for a song. He kept them for a while. They were absolutely beautiful to look at, but I wasn't impressed with the sound. He sold them, and they've since been passed around to different drummers in the region.

I thought they haven't been around all that long. Tell me about Ddrum's history.

I'm no expert, but I think they started with eDrums and triggers. Back in the early-to-mid 2000's, they jumped in the high-end custom drum market. They made some higher-end kits that were REALLY nice; however, they kept those crazy bass drum sizes, 22x24's and stuff like that. Idk if they still make higher end kits or not, but I know for a while they did.

Back