Ddrum Quicksilver

Jbravo

So I’ve been considering direct drive pedals. The one that most interests me is the trick dominator, but the &660 seems a little high for an experiment.

I was checking the Black Friday reverb specials yesterday and saw a Ddrum Quicksilver double pedal in open box but unused condition for 180.00. I decided that was a better price for an experiment, and bought it.

I’m sure it’s not as well built as the Trick, it appears to be built of all castings. However, every pedal I’ve had in my life has been made of cast parts and I’ve never broken one.

If I really like direct drive I can always buy the trick later.
711925C8-E39A-4B52-B0C0-C47FBC655F37.jpeg

Jbravo

I received the pedal Thursday. It was advertised as a like-new customer return that because of condition of the packaging, couldn’t be sold as new.

When I opened it up, the right tower, which controls the right footboard, was wobbly, and wouldn’t tighten anymore. On Friday I fixed that and was thinking I get to try the pedal. First right foot strike and the board went to the bass plate.

Turns out the roll pin that holds the bottom of the footboard clamp was missing. And after searching through the package it was nowhere to be found.

So last night I took care of that. Now it works, but there is some left pedal lag.

I realize this is not a high quality pedal, but I paid less than $200 for it, and bought it as an experiment with direct drive pedals before deciding to buy a trick or axis.

So I’m not returning it, because it will still serve its purpose.

This experience has confirmed my opinion that Ddrum does not produce great products. ( My first kit on returning to drums was by Ddrum).

However my real issue is with Geartree, who advertised and sold this pedal on reverb as like new.

I had the abilities to deal with the issues, but a lot of people don’t have the ability or interest to deal with such things.

I hope that some kid that didn’t know any better inspected this return and wrote the ad, but if it was, the company should not have put that person in charge of those duties.

I guess I would advise the drummerworld family to use caution in buying used gear from these guys.

Attachments

• 31C3CACC-A943-4051-9843-F09792449D77.jpeg
    31C3CACC-A943-4051-9843-F09792449D77.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 168

Trigger

I was gonna say before I saw the second post, I would never get Ddrum hardware, or drums to be honest. It sounds like they basically halfass everything.

belairien

Silver Member
I almost considered buying these as Trick Dominators were out of my price range... Glad I didn't and scored a good deal on new Speed Cobras instead!

Just gotta wait for them to arrive!

Jbravo

Yeah, I just bought a used Trick single. If I like it as much as I’m hoping to, I’ll probably buy the add on kit from Trick for the double.

Last edited:

belairien

Silver Member
If I didn't need doubles for my band, I would have done the same thing! Couldn't find a sweet enough deal on the Pro V1 doubles though...

I've been rocking the Pearl P932s for a couple years. They wore out quick. And only one word describes them. GUTLESS! They had no power.

I'm hoping the speeds work out. I tried them years ago with the first gen of them. Felt like a faster Iron Cobra. Almost went with the IC instead, but I've gotten used to the longer foot boards of the Pearls.

Dj magic d

I think I would be equally displeased with both parties. The merchant who sold it failed to make sure it was in good working order. A brief, basic demo most likely would have revealed that flaw. Ddrum has failed basic quality control as well. I purchased a new Ddrum Dios maple kits years ago, and wound up returning it. It honestly was a massive headache in doing so. The drums were defective right from the factory. In today's competitive marketplace, its hard to believe companies and retail merchants like this survive. Just my $0.02.

Jbravo

I think I would be equally displeased with both parties. The merchant who sold it failed to make sure it was in good working order. A brief, basic demo most likely would have revealed that flaw. Ddrum has failed basic quality control as well. I purchased a new Ddrum Dios maple kits years ago, and wound up returning it. It honestly was a massive headache in doing so. The drums were defective right from the factory. In today's competitive marketplace, its hard to believe companies and retail merchants like this survive. Just my $0.02.

I wasn’t expecting a lot. I was just looking to get a taste of direct drive. And once I got it up and running it’s an ok pedal, not anywhere close to the Trick I bought once I decided I liked the direct drive, but good enough to keep around as a backup. However, it’s unlikely I’ll ever buy another Ddrum product...