DDrum quicksilver Vs thomann "the Strike"

drumnut87

ok, so just been browing instagram and seen DDrum post about their "quicksilver" double bass pedal, looks nice, probably plays nice. but then it reminded me of another pedal, so i do a bit of research.

DDrums quicksilver looks EXACTLY like thomanns own brand "the strike" double pedal,the only difference is the colour and name on it!

heres both pedals for you to do some comparison.

now im sure its a nice pedal, but for $350 for the DDrum, and $147 plus shipping for the thomann, youre basically buying into a name. the shipping wouldnt be anywhere near the $200 difference in pricing for the thomann branded one

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The dDrum pedal does not have the crossbar that ties the two towers together on the master. The dDrum only has 2 views, the Thonmann has like 10 so its hard to find all the differences just from the limited pics.

Regardless, this image does not exude confidence in me:
20200803_103741.jpg

Those anorexic allen screws that holds the linkage to the pedal/cam assemblies are too small for my liking. They're just too skinny in my opinion. The downward force my foot imparts on the pedal should be supported by something a bit more robust than this.

Not a fan of the beater holders having a hinge at the bottom either. It's not a moving part, it doesnt need a hinge. That's just one more thing to wear out. Same with the cam, it has a hinge on the bottom.

I would seriously avoid either one of these pedals. They look like mechanical issues just waiting to happen.

AZDRUMZ

they´re exactly the same when it comes to mechanics, they both have interchangeable drive systems, driveshafts, adjustments, etc. the only differences I saw were the colour of the paint on the footboard and the price. one thing that I don´t get is the price, normally DD pedals go for 300 - 500 for a single and 600 - 1000 for a double. this one is only $147 for a double which speaks cheap as fuck to me

Last edited:

J-W

The dDrum pedal does not have the crossbar that ties the two towers together on the master. The dDrum only has 2 views, the Thonmann has like 10 so its hard to find all the differences just from the limited pics.

Regardless, this image does not exude confidence in me:
View attachment 94751

Those anorexic allen screws that holds the linkage to the pedal/cam assemblies are too small for my liking. They're just too skinny in my opinion. The downward force my foot imparts on the pedal should be supported by something a bit more robust than this.

Not a fan of the beater holders having a hinge at the bottom either. It's not a moving part, it doesnt need a hinge. That's just one more thing to wear out. Same with the cam, it has a hinge on the bottom.

I would seriously avoid either one of these pedals. They look like mechanical issues just waiting to happen.

I agree. Everything about that looks super cheap. The pivot screw diameter (depending on what it's made from) doesn't concern me as much as the other issues. It's the cast, pot metal parts made to look like machined parts and, like you said, the hinges that concern me. It looks like the main shaft is splined and everything that attaches to it is hinged and made from pot metal. That's a recipe for stripped parts. Critical ones at that.
It looks like $147 would be too much for even that P.O.S.
Is the ddrum one made from the same materials?

drumnut87

Is the ddrum one made from the same materials?
Ddrum one looks and probably plays virtually identical

Jbravo

I bought the Ddrum version used. I kept it for a few weeks. I was seriously underwhelmed...