DDrum Diablos---would you do it?

And sometimes just the education is worth the money.

View attachment 112075
Hehe...the most prophetic post of the thread.

That's exactly why I got them...the learning experience. And it was worth it. I never had a big set before, nor rack toms in 10 and 12 sizes, and hadn't had a 14 x 14 floor tom since I was little. I learned a lot about what I like and what I don't. Like I don't like big sets arranged neatly from high to low, but I love them if they're scrambled up. Learned I love the sound of big bass drums but don't want to schlep a 22 x 20, bop kits really don't save much room on the stage and have to be tuned way higher than I want in a 4 drum set, basswood snares can be made to sound OK at best but the toms and bass drums aren't bad at all, and I don't like any other heads besides coated Ambassadors or Emperors, but I had a feeling that was the case anyway :D

That's an experience I could never afford to have with high end drums, and the Diablos are fine sounding and working drums IMHO, even if the hardware's a little janky looking compared to high end stuff. And it's why I got the Ludwigs in the sizes I got. And now they can go give someone else that experience. If I lose a little money, so be it.

Wasn’t this all shared originally? I mean, I came on this forum thinking I could handle most anything as the intermediate drummer that I was, just to READ and find out I sucked….hard, and barely intermediate if I paid someone for a higher rating.

Same with my drums. They were the coolest with no need for anything greater, till I READ and learned how to tell the difference.

It’s was the worst case of testicle shrinkage ever and cost me nothing…at first😛

Wasn’t this all shared originally? I mean, I came on this forum thinking I could handle most anything as the intermediate drummer that I was, just to READ and find out I sucked….hard, and barely intermediate if I paid someone for a higher rating.

Same with my drums. They were the coolest with no need for anything greater, till I READ and learned how to tell the difference.

It’s was the worst case of testicle shrinkage ever and cost me nothing…at first😛
I'm lucky I'm doing all this at the age where I really don't need my testicles anymore :D

Back