DB-90 - Is it able to accent something other than the 1?

pearlnl

Hi everybody,

Just got myself a DB-90 which is amazing, only wondering if you are able to pick which count it should accent. Does anyone know this and can explain to me how to do it?

Obviously I know you can just start the metronome and start playing at the 2 so to your ear it shifts the accent, but I want to know if it is actually able to do it the 'right' way. Would be helpful to practice certain stuff...

Please let me know, as it might be able to do it as it is quite a powerful machine I believe.

Thanks! :)

Arky

Platinum Member
I've never seen/heard or read of a metronome capable to do so. Just learn to use it the old way - shouldn'be that hard.

You can certainly "build" your own metronome in a DAW (digital audio workstation)/audio sequencer - once you have the patterns you need, you can always adjust the speed.

patrice

I've never seen/heard or read of a metronome capable to do so. Just learn to use it the old way - shouldn'be that hard.

You can certainly "build" your own metronome in a DAW (digital audio workstation)/audio sequencer - once you have the patterns you need, you can always adjust the speed.
Hey... You said exactly what I was going to say! ;-)

I also have the DB-90, and I love it.

But for a while now I've mainly been using Ableton Live; made some cool stuff for Stick Control, The Stone Killer, etc. [In case anyone's interested, I can upload MP3s.]

Patrice