Dark 18 Crash

C.M. Jones

Thx , I am familiar . Any thoughts on the K Const?
From what I've heard in online demonstrations, the K Const. line sounds fairly mellow with broad rather than focused stick articulation. It's not the sound I go for, but those who favor it provide positive reviews.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Personally I would go for a 19" (or 18" if I have to) K Dark Thin Crash. I seem to be the only Zildjian fan boy in the world that doesn't like the sweet crashes, they just sound like they're missing too much of their tone or something to my ears. Blegh.

But yeah, the 19 KDT crash has a lot of attitude to it, and has a powerful presence to it without having any "trash".

-Jonathan

bud7h4

Silver Member
Personally I would go for a 19" (or 18" if I have to) K Dark Thin Crash. I seem to be the only Zildjian fan boy in the world that doesn't like the sweet crashes, they just sound like they're missing too much of their tone or something to my ears. Blegh.

But yeah, the 19 KDT crash has a lot of attitude to it, and has a powerful presence to it without having any "trash".
I'm more a fan of the 17 and 18, but I agree on the K Dark Thin. Can't go wrong with those, or the Custom dark, or Dark medium thin. I also probably hear the same thing as you in the K Sweet line. I like the crash sound, but there's something missing.

Another favorite is Sabian HHX complex Thin (18 and above). I like them for the same reason as the various K darks, but to a lesser degree.

Last edited:

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
This may seem weird but how about a Paiste Signature Fast Crash 18". When I think of a crash this is the sound I hear in my head. I didn't think I would like them at first as I lean towards darker sounds, but they are fantastic. I have a 17" as well and the blend so perfectly.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I use K Dark Thin Crashes, beautiful cymbals.

Sabians offering, the HHX complex ticks all the boxes too.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I'm a huge fan of the Istanbul Agop Dark crashes. Really beautiful sounding cymbals.
If the Agops don't do it for you the Sabian HHX Legacy crashes might be worthy of your consideration.

jojo_berlin

I agree Vintage Old School. The best dark 18" Crash Ride I ever heard/owned was the 18" 30th Anniversary (1350g). Dark, complex, jazzy, wonderful! Of course, other mom's also have beautiful daughters too, but that's just my taste.
I had an Agop 18" OM which I didnt like. The guy who baught it still has a boner he told me. So I guess indivudual taste is a factor too.

evans_69

Silver Member
If you fancy something different rather than Zildjian how about something from Bosphorus, The Traditional series is worth a look or UFIP 1931 or Vibra.

evans_69

Silver Member
Thank you , I will do that -
The 1931 and traditional bosphorus may be a little think compared to the K so maybe have a look at some of there other cymbals in the different ranges.

I'm looking to purchase a set of UFIP class series but they are definitely a little on the bright side compared to the K.

My favourite cymbals other than Paiste 2002's are the UFIP Supernova's but they are too thin for the genre I play. Absolutely gorgeous sounding cymbals imo.

I love cymbal hunting hence I have a vast collection 😆