Danny Seraphine

jazzerooty

Chicago went from being a vibrant, contemporary band with fine instrumentals into a lounge lizard ghost band. In my opinion, the loss of Terry Kath was the main factor in losing their mojo. Seemed to turn into the Peter Cetera band soon after. That Harry Truman song to me was the death of Chicago! Danny getting axed to me was a nail in the coffin.

TOMANO

I watched the documentary a couple of years ago on CNN, and was surprised that they discussed the departure of DS at some length. One band member in particular was pretty outspoken on the subject if I recall, and to me at least, it showed a real lack of class. To my mind the loss of Kath and Seraphine were devastating. Cetera not so much, IMO.
It was nauseating to see Danny concur with their unwarranted attacks on his drumming. The guy is a monster!

TOMANO

Once Kath slipped off the Earth and the advent of the Cetera reign took over the band turned to 🐕 poop.

Reactions: TJK

Skyking

Danny's a great drummer. It broke my heart how Chicago 86d him because of that producer who wanted him nailed to the click. And they continued to trash Danny in their documentary. Too good for the new robotics is how I see Danny.
I saw him with Chicago at Indiana University right after they'd released "Chicago", 1970ish? As a drummer, I was awed. The entire group was fantastic. They were all amazingly talented but without him, Chicago could never be the same.

jazzerooty

It was nauseating to see Danny concur with their unwarranted attacks on his drumming. The guy is a monster!
Yes, that documentary made me sick on the Danny thing. Was it the trumpet player who kept ragging about it? Why did they leave in that cruel, unwarranted assessment? And that producer made me wretch. Posing with all his empty-ass grammys, laughing about using Porcaro while Danny was gone. He allowed no HORNS on that record, either. The new drummer sounds like every other competent commercial drummer, like you'll see in Vegas.

TJK

Yes, that documentary made me sick on the Danny thing. Was it the trumpet player who kept ragging about it? Why did they leave in that cruel, unwarranted assessment? And that producer made me wretch. Posing with all his empty-ass grammys, laughing about using Porcaro while Danny was gone. He allowed no HORNS on that record, either. The new drummer sounds like every other competent commercial drummer, like you'll see in Vegas.
Yeah a real pile of shit that foster is; and f his dishrag whore wife too!