Danny Seraphine

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
A photo from Seminole Music and Sound, from a clinic with Danny Seraphine, now California Transit Authority, from 2011. A great drummer and if you have met him, you know he is a great guy and clinician. On the far right is a lesser known Drummerworld Mod. in the white shirt. Camera always in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_9875.JPG
    IMG_9875.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 85

gf2564

A photo from Seminole Music and Sound, from a clinic with Danny Seraphine, now California Transit Authority, from 2011. A great drummer and if you have met him, you know he is a great guy and clinician. On the far right is a lesser known Drummerworld Mod. in the white shirt. Camera always in hand.

Been a Danny fan for 50 years! I have met/spoke with him many times over the years; truly a very genuine, humble and kind man! I saw him with CTA a few months ago in south Florida; still a monster behind the kit!

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
Johnny: where are the filming or photo results - you look so pro for 2011.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The photo wasn't mine, since I was in it. I think one of the employees at the music store took those photos.

Sakae2xBopster

I watched the documentary a couple of years ago on CNN, and was surprised that they discussed the departure of DS at some length. One band member in particular was pretty outspoken on the subject if I recall, and to me at least, it showed a real lack of class. To my mind the loss of Kath and Seraphine were devastating. Cetera not so much, IMO.

Sakae2xBopster

Danny and Igor (of Leonid & Friends) doing a side by side comparison.

I've seen both these guys perform live 40 years apart - Danny around 1977 at the Richland Coliseum outside Cleveland, and Igor in 2019 in Jax, FL. Both are amazing performers!!

Bozozoid

Transit Authority baby. Danny made me sleepless not only from his genius but wanting some white Marine pearl Rogers.

Old PIT Guy

Big early influence. One of the first, actually. But I have a story! At an outdoor drum show in L.A., I can't recall what it was or where, only that it was out of doors, I noticed him standing with a circle of guys talking and getting autographs. So I walk over and wait until I can get a word in. And when I could, I asked him what album they were at. And he didn't seem to understand, so I repeated myself clumsily, like "what number album are you guys at now?" and he says "18" and I said something very close to "wow, that many! I have the first three ..." and before I could tell him what a big influence he was he gave me the stink eye and turned to someone else. I was mortified.

gf2564

Big early influence. One of the first, actually. But I have a story! At an outdoor drum show in L.A., I can't recall what it was or where, only that it was out of doors, I noticed him standing with a circle of guys talking and getting autographs. So I walk over and wait until I can get a word in. And when I could, I asked him what album they were at. And he didn't seem to understand, so I repeated myself clumsily, like "what number album are you guys at now?" and he says "18" and I said something very close to "wow, that many! I have the first three ..." and before I could tell him what a big influence he was he gave me the stink eye and turned to someone else. I was mortified.

That is very unfortunate! I never had much contact with him while he was still with Chicago, even though I attended every concert they had relatively close to me from as far back as 1972 (While he was in the band). I have had many interactions with him for the last 15 years or so. Every time, he could not have been nicer, more assessable, appreciative and humble! Other than possibly my dad, certainly my biggest influence and favorite drummer!

Old PIT Guy

That is very unfortunate! I never had much contact with him while he was still with Chicago, even though I attended every concert they had relatively close to me from as far back as 1972 (While he was in the band). I have had many interactions with him for the last 15 years or so. Every time, he could not have been nicer, more assessable, appreciative and humble! Other than possibly my dad, certainly my biggest influence and favorite drummer!

He obviously read me wrong. And maybe my reaction to him saying '18' didn't come across as harmless as I meant it. If I'd begun with something more positive about his early influence on my playing and then asked that question it probably wouldn't have gone into the dumpster of conversations.