DANG IT!!!

TOMANO

Haven't had my Yamahas for two weeks and I've already dropped a tom on the bass drum. Dented the rim and a slight mar on the bass drum. It's inevitable with drums, but DAMN, I wish I could've had 'em unscathed for at least a month!

Peace, MT

Haven't had my Yamahas for two weeks and I've already dropped a tom on the bass drum. Dented the rim and a slight mar on the bass drum. It's inevitable with drums, but DAMN, I wish I could've had 'em unscathed for at least a month!

Peace, MT

Wow. So how does that happen? In the process of setting them up/tearing them down? Or during transport? Sorry to hear it.

I'm surprised that the rim bent. I can see the bass drum getting marred, but the rim bent on the bass drum. Wow

Yes - bummer :( I've never dropped a tom on a bass drum. Did it just slip from your hands?

Based on personal experience, I'm guessing he was adjusting a ball-in-socket tom holder, and it slipped somehow.

edit: I see it was a Yamaha, so most likely not ball-in-socket. I'm guessing Yamaha holders can slip too though :)

This is basically inevitable as every single pair of skis I have ever owned I munt on the first day out. Hey, we live in a world that sends us little trials. Play 'em, enjoy 'em....warts and all

Based on personal experience, I'm guessing he was adjusting a ball-in-socket tom holder, and it slipped somehow.

edit: I see it was a Yamaha, so most likely not ball-in-socket. I'm guessing Yamaha holders can slip too though :)
All Yamaha are ball & socket as far as I know. Yes, they can drop down if you loosen them too much without supporting the drum. I hardly ever adjust mine, but if I do, I'm automatically conditioned to having my hand supporting the bottom leading edge of the tom.

Slipped from my hands.

The mar on the drum is minimal. I'm sure a touch up job will restore it. The rim is replaceable. I'm over it.

Peace, MT

Back