Dairy / pic from builder of my new drum set

Cool pics. I love seeing things made early in the process, and witnessing the progression.
Send more pics when you get them please.

Those look truly amazing. My Elm is still my favourite of all my snares, I am sure you will be happy. And i do like the look of the black on the tube lugs. I do not like the raw brass the other guy posted, unless brass is maintained with a high polish, I just find it to look ratty.

We decited to put those lugs like those on this snare:
Antonio make them him self.

37051_149494291851058_1008511631_a.jpg

I do not know if its brass, raw or polished, but I think it will look nice on dark drums.
I like a lot vintage look of tubelugs ( I have before several vintage drums), but at the same time I find that black give them a little of "modern" touch.

And when I get new pictures, I will post them.

Beautiful! This will be a wonderful kit for you!!! Keep us posted....

Loving the look so far! Love your choice in sizes too! I Think I'm almost as excited as you to see how they look when they're all finished!

-Jonathan

So... it seems like toms are soon ready to be sent to me. Busdrum I have to wait little bit more , for a month- or two,

Antonio%2520puka%2520klar%2520Fotografija0476.jpg

WOW. That is a stunning drum!

Thank so much.
I got mail from Anton and toms are on their way . I cant barely wait to receive basdrum too.
I will try to record a little bit toms when they arrive.

FINALY THEY ARE HERE!!!!!

In Friday I receive my 4 toms. Bas drums will come little later.
Picture from cellphone does not show how beuatiful they acctualy are.
I give my self 10 minuts

602420_485328104833261_2074132767_n.jpg

I give my self 10 minuts to tune them, start to hit them. Lovely, lovley,cotroled and amazing ritch , pure woody sound
:)

I put my cheap PG56 mick on 3 toms ( I do not have tom holder for 8" toms ) and put it in to cubas I record little. Kick is my old Camco, processed as a hell, snare is my Antonio Drums 14" with SM57 on top, and some junk microphone under, some gate and EQ on snare, and toms without anything. Just balance L-R.
( Dont listen to how I play...)

Soudclip :
http://snd.sc/YF3vdw

Those drums are beautiful. Imagining them set up with some shiny new pies around them, it would be hard to play them...for a second :)

No speakers set up on this computer, so I can't hear them. Which is a real shame. Congrats! I'm sure anyone, musicians and non alike, would be impressed with the beauty of those drums.

Wow...stunning drums with such an alive sound. Love how you tuned them. My highest compliments.

Very much liking the sounds already :) Any chance of recording them without close mic's? Just a couple of overheads would be nice, & without any EQ/reverb/processing. What heads do you have on the toms?

Hi I thanks for replaying.

They sound amazing nice, warm and good.
This recording was made with light processing on snares, heavy on kick, and nothing on toms, so what you hear from toms, is orginal unprocessed sound, just paned, but as you pointed, close micking.

But I can record them with only overhead mics, flat, since I do not have zoom or good handycam. But I can may-be record them with my cellphone camera and add sound from overheads microphones?
But first I have to tune them propperly, I they wasnt that on previous recording.

But I will maybe wait for basdrum too, and fix a holder to 8" tom, so I get entiery set at once.

Once is for shure, my "almost" DW is now for sale.
Camco too! Or I will perhaps keep one of those set for practice?!?
I got my new babys, :)

Those are really impressive unique sounding drums.
What are the hoops made of ? wood painted black?

Hi I thanks for replaying.

They sound amazing nice, warm and good.
This recording was made with light processing on snares, heavy on kick, and nothing on toms, so what you hear from toms, is orginal unprocessed sound, just paned, but as you pointed, close micking.

But I can record them with only overhead mics, flat, since I do not have zoom or good handycam. But I can may-be record them with my cellphone camera and add sound from overheads microphones?
But first I have to tune them propperly, I they wasnt that on previous recording.

But I will maybe wait for basdrum too, and fix a holder to 8" tom, so I get entiery set at once.

Once is for shure, my "almost" DW is now for sale.
Camco too! Or I will perhaps keep one of those set for practice?!?
I got my new babys, :)
Yes, good to wait for all your drums to be together, although the toms are already sounding really very nice. Just a pair of overheads & a room mic somewhere around bass drum level, but not too close, will give a really good impression of how the kit sounds as a complete instrument. The moment you go close mic, the actual sound & balance is more biased to what the mic's are hearing & proximity Affect.

Back