D'Addario Players Circle?

Grampz

Is it worth registering?
I just bought a new Evans 12" Practice pad and it is very vague says "Register and start getting rewarded today!" Why do I get the impression I will be rewarded with nothing but junk Mail? and this is nothing but an advertising/marketing ploy?or good stuff to be gained with the points?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
The original Player's Points rewards offered some very cool stuff. Obviously they had t-shirts, caps, key chains and such, but also fun/useful stuff like a guitar stool, drinking glasses, and binoculars!

I'm not sure what they offer now, but it's not about marketing more stuff to you. It's a rewards program: a thanks for buying stuff (and of course an enticement to buy more!)

Here 's their current regular merch offerings - - I'm sure these things are available with points but there may be additional exclusive stuff.

wraub

Looking at all the drum head boxes here, I have thought the same thing...

Is it worth registering?
I just bought a new Evans 12" Practice pad and it is very vague says "Register and start getting rewarded today!" Why do I get the impression I will be rewarded with nothing but junk Mail? and this is nothing but an advertising/marketing ploy?or good stuff to be gained with the points?

Grampz

@bermuda thanks :) @wraub LOL better late than never? Just realized myself that I have multiple Guitar string packages I can redeem as well. I have 3 Boxes of 3 packs so 3 codes per box...

Last edited:

roncadillac

I've gotten so much cool free stuff via player's circle. Two t-shirts are the first thing that come to mind.

However, the real reason that it is absolutely worth your while is free heads and sticks! I average 1 free head (worth of points, it's like a bank essentially where you can use them in place of cash to buy anything on their website) for every 4-5 heads I buy. Basically every time you do a full kit re-skin you'll get a 'head's worth' of points to get (you guessed it) a free head with. Or sticks. Or guitar strings. Or a t-shirt.

someguy01

Never even heard of it. I have a stack of Evans boxes and many pairs of Promark sticks. The wife even has string packs lying about somewhere. Perhaps I should get on registering.

roncadillac

Never even heard of it. I have a stack of Evans boxes and many pairs of Promark sticks. The wife even has string packs lying about somewhere. Perhaps I should get on registering.
Yes, please do. And if it's old boxes just send them the codes via email

Justinhub2003

I love Evans players club. I admittedly buy a lot of heads but I’ve gotten all kinds of free gear from my points. I have an Evans power center head arriving tomorrow that I bought with points from purchasing a kick head, a Tom pack and a few snare heads.

My order history shows I have placed 12 orders in the past 13 months from points purchases. Ranging from heads, to sticks to snare wires.

To me, it’s the best point system I’ve ever been apart of and most rewarding... lol you get points from the stuff you buy with the points.

I just got G2s for my new Sonor SQ1 kit and signed up. Looking forward to taking advantage of my points as I plan on sticking with Evans for the foreseeable future. Thinking of replacing the Sonor stock resos with coated G1s on the toms.

roncadillac

I just got G2s for my new Sonor SQ1 kit and signed up. Looking forward to taking advantage of my points as I plan on sticking with Evans for the foreseeable future. Thinking of replacing the Sonor stock resos with coated G1s on the toms.

If you are considering coated g1's for reso's then I definitely suggest doing some research on the reso 7 line. They are 7mil instead of 10mil, coated, and made from a different film (similar to the emad film) that is a bit softer. These heads really help to 'round off' the extremes of your highs and lows to help give a more focused tom sound without killing resonance. If you hold one next to a coated g1 and give them both a tap with your finger you will hear a noticably darker and lower tone from the reso7.

It's akin to remo guys using a coated diplomat for a reso instead of a coated ambassador.

Justinhub2003

If you are considering coated g1's for reso's then I definitely suggest doing some research on the reso 7 line. They are 7mil instead of 10mil, coated, and made from a different film (similar to the emad film) that is a bit softer. These heads really help to 'round off' the extremes of your highs and lows to help give a more focused tom sound without killing resonance. If you hold one next to a coated g1 and give them both a tap with your finger you will hear a noticably darker and lower tone from the reso7.

It's akin to remo guys using a coated diplomat for a reso instead of a coated ambassador.

Instead of the G1's, you should check out the Evans Genera Reso heads. They are a clear 1 ply head designed for the bottom heads of toms. I use them as the reso of all of my toms as I find it gives me a good starting point no matter what batter I use

Yes, they were another reso I've been considering. Dealers in my country don't seem to stock them for some reason. I know Jost Nickle uses coated diplomats for his reso. They seem to sound good on his Sonor SQ1 kit, which is the same as mine.

Instead of the G1's, you should check out the Evans Genera Reso heads. They are a clear 1 ply head designed for the bottom heads of toms. I use them as the reso of all of my toms as I find it gives me a good starting point no matter what batter I use

Dealers in my country have a really limited range of heads they're willing to stock. Regards Evans they really just stick to the G1s and G2s in coated and clear. Even UV1s or UV2s are hard to come by. Guess they just stick to what they know they can sell.

What's different about a Genera Reso compared to a G1? Not familiar with them.

roncadillac

Dealers in my country have a really limited range of heads they're willing to stock. Regards Evans they really just stick to the G1s and G2s in coated and clear. Even UV1s or UV2s are hard to come by. Guess they just stick to what they know they can sell.

What's different about a Genera Reso compared to a G1? Not familiar with them.

Different film. Evans uses different films across their portfolio for different products. For example: when comparing a clear g1 to a genera reso on paper you will see two 10mil clear heads with different descriptions and think "how can this be?" It's the film/mylar composition.

BenOBrienSmith

If you are considering coated g1's for reso's then I definitely suggest doing some research on the reso 7 line. They are 7mil instead of 10mil, coated, and made from a different film (similar to the emad film) that is a bit softer.
Just to be clear- there's really no commonality between the film used for the Reso7 vs. EMAD and the EMAD uses the same film as the G1. I chose 7mil film for the Reso7 based on how it responded as a resonant head and the availability of the material.

roncadillac

Just to be clear- there's really no commonality between the film used for the Reso7 vs. EMAD and the EMAD uses the same film as the G1. I chose 7mil film for the Reso7 based on how it responded as a resonant head and the availability of the material.

Thanks for the clarification! You, as always, are the man!!