Cymbolt-like self-clutching thing

Doraemon

Has anyone used these?
I was wondering how it works, what holds it without a wing nut. I don't need this whole assembly, just something small to stay on the pull rod as a divider. Can someone tell me what the term is for a thing that you screw on without threads and somehow it stays? :) Is there a Home Depot equivalent? Thanks.

Nope, nothing else is needed. The clutch is built into the Cymbolt just to add some friction to reduce the risk of the cymbal jumping off the stand.
I see. Then that's my question, how does it lock onto the rod, and is that a certain type of nut I could find at a hardware store.

I see. Then that's my question, how does it lock onto the rod, and is that a certain type of nut I could find at a hardware store.
See those four slots cut in the center piece? As you thread the nut downwards, it will compress to grab the hi hat rod.

Can you find those kind of parts at the hardware store? Possibly. Can you find those parts and put something together that functions similarly? Possibly, but more than likely with a degree of machining/fabrication required.

I don't necessarily see anything here that suggests this is an improvement on the current generation quick lock hi hat clutches made by a variety of manufacturers in terms of function or size. If anything, being built for a certain diameter of rod may reduce their utility.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-142248.png
    Screenshot_20220727-142248.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 3
See those four slots cut in the center piece? As you thread the nut downwards, it will compress to grab the hi hat rod.
Thanks for explaining, I'm looking for something small, and like that it has no wing nut.

Back