Cymbals Companies OEM and third re-sellers brands

Only the Big Four Brands doesnt produce for other resellers?.

Most of all the brands in US that claimed to be turkish cymbals, in little cases finish and custom in this country.
For the rest of them, just sale a product custom made with the very same quality and in many cases same cymbal.

Who is the fourth company in your "Big Four?"

Maybe:

*Zildjian
*Sabian
*Paiste
* Meinl ????????????

I have to go with Bermuda's take on this debate, but your points are interesting and well-taken.

I'm curious as to what your solution to this "problem" would be.

GeeDeeEmm

Maybe:

*Zildjian
*Sabian
*Paiste
* Meinl ????????????

I have to go with Bermuda's take on this debate, but your points are interesting and well-taken.

I'm curious as to what your solution to this "problem" would be.

GeeDeeEmm
I think so. I think when people talk about Big 4, Meinl is the 4th.

I think so. I think when people talk about Big 4, Meinl is the 4th.

I think that over the years, Meinl has given Paiste a run for their money, and may indeed be #3 now (with Paiste a close 4th.)

bermuda

I think that over the years, Meinl has given Paiste a run for their money, and may indeed be #3 now (with Paiste a close 4th.)

bermuda

I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if anything just the fact you can find Meinl at most all GCs and it is hard now to find Paiste there.

I play USA Pork Pie drums. They are Keller-shelled kits, just like many of the other kits out there.

I play Heartbeat cymbals. They are Turkish cymbals made beside a whole slew of other Turkish cymbal brands.

Are they super-unique?

Nope.

Am I happy with these products?

Absolutely. Never been happier with any of my gear.

Conclusion: Play what you like. Play what sounds good. Play what you can afford.

Maybe:

*Zildjian
*Sabian
*Paiste
* Meinl ??????????

Yup, they are the big fourth no doubts, fifth could be Bosphorus or Istanbul Agop. And then Turkish and Istanbul Mehmet, and after all the rest.

Someone mention that is a problem or something...
This thread I didn't start for something being wrong with just to be concious with what you buy and quality is the same when you buy some of this companies a difference price is huge in most cases.
The sale price in company not usually going down, so I am just wanna be aware what I buy, this is also concern drums either, but this is not mean that the sound is worse just I prefer being nearly of just almost the same sound get the one who give the better price and of course on top of that who I like the most.
If I have the chance to try in person maybe I am willing to take an expensive one, choosing by internet sound no way.

What about Amedia, Agean and Samsung cymbals who OEM for ?.

I am aware if you can combine some of this ones and Masterwork.

You can get Hearbeat — Soultone — TRX .

One of many examples (for me) of copies.
whith a considerable price difference Soultone in some cases cost about 100 bucks more.

Attachments

• DSC8055.jpg
    DSC8055.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 101
  • soultone-extreme-crash-cymbals-88320-1493755902-1280-1280.jpg
    soultone-extreme-crash-cymbals-88320-1493755902-1280-1280.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 100
Good example. It can become a confusing mess, can't it? I'm beginning to see the point you are making. The considerable price differential could make a difference to me as to which cymbal I buy - if the two cymbals are identical.

GeeDeeEmm

One reason for the price difference can be quality control. You’re paying extra for someone to pick through the raw cymbals at the factory and only choose the best, and sell them at a higher price than the ‘identical’ cymbals from the same maker.

I know that the Turkish smiths who make Cymbal & Gong cymbals (which I sell) also have their own brand, and make them for other companies. C&G are traditional 50s/60s K/A type cymbals, that are totally different from their other products-- or anything else I heard in Turkey, surprisingly. Nobody over there really makes those kind of cymbals any more-- an American had to go over and have them make them to traditional specs.

I find it interesting that in China (my country), Meinls are seen more commonly than Paistes (I mean the higher end models of course, Byzances vs. 2002s etc.), and various Turkish handmade cymbals (Istanbul Agops, Bosphoruses) can often be had more cheaply than A Zildjians. ?

Back