Cymbals choices for Houses of Worship.

Peedy

I should also mention that I might go just a tad brighter if the church I played in was more toward Foursquare. Pentecostal churches do tend to play a bit more toward rock on the genre-o-meter.

Pete

Peedy

As a for instance, I carry and use a pair of Danny Carey’s Vic Firth Signature sticks to church on Sunday. His sticks have occult symbols on them that yours truly has sanded off. Perfect sticks for my hand size and drumming style but his symbols ain’t gonna make it into my church, baby!

Pete

drumnut87

listen and see what suits your sound and what you want. dont crap out on cheap low-end stuff that sounds gash.

Dangler19

I have just purchased a meinl vintage 20" pure light crash for worship. We have a small gathering in a room about 150m2. Will this suit with a hyrbid kit (meinl cajon with foot pedal and 10" tama snare)?? I am concerned that it will be too loud with being hit with 7a sticks?

Peedy

Good news! You get to decide how hard to strike the cymbals so the volume control is in your hands. On a more serious note, there will be times when a louder strike will be called for. And then you’ll already have what you need in front of you.

JaysonJeanChannel

The bare minimum of cymbals for me and many Worship drummers are dark, thin, and big cymbals.
Some cymbals can work, depending on the music itself. When I used to play in my youth group, we had Sabian XSR cymbals, and it worked because most of the music was upbeat. Heck, maybe the Zildjian A customs would've been MUCH better than the XSR ...

But look around with the cymbal specs in mind. I recommend looking at Zildjian's K line!

RickP

Gold Member
I generally see Worship Drummers using very Pingy ride cymbals with very splashy thin crashes and Clangy hihats.