Cymbal to drum ratio

MntnMan62

Let's see. I'm using a 7 piece kit. And I have 5 cymbals (not counting hats). The way I see it, I have 1 cymbal for each tom.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

rock/metal set: I have 6 drums, and 8 cymbals not counting HH
jazz/country set: 2 drums, 3 cymbs not counting HH

I own 10 drums total, and 34 cymbals total...

iCe

Let's see... i'm counting hats and stacks as 1 cymbal because of the way they're used.
11 cymbals and 11 drums
11:11

Never guessed it would be in perfect balance hahaha

Lee-Bro

Congressman Josey Pike from Maine's 4th district recently introduced legislation to standardize musical equipment: Drum sets no larger than 6pc including auxiliary percussion, drums must have a 3:2 ratio of drums to cymbals; guitars are limited to traditional 6 strings, bass guitars to 4 strings, XLR cables can't be longer than 20ft, but multiple 20ft. cables can be joined together if needed, brass instruments cannot be played inside venues with a capacity less than 400, sound decibel meters must be installed with automatic power kill or mute switches should the sound level cross the 72.3db threshold, mixing of PA speakers/equipment brands is prohibited unless from the same parent company.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Congressman Josey Pike from Maine's 4th district recently introduced legislation to standardize musical equipment: Drum sets no larger than 6pc including auxiliary percussion, drums must have a 3:2 ratio of drums to cymbals; guitars are limited to traditional 6 strings, bass guitars to 4 strings, XLR cables can't be longer than 20ft, but multiple 20ft. cables can be joined together if needed, brass instruments cannot be played inside venues with a capacity less than 400, sound decibel meters must be installed with automatic power kill or mute switches should the sound level cross the 72.3db threshold, mixing of PA speakers/equipment brands is prohibited unless from the same parent company.
Maine isn't really a state. We only have it so Canada wont own all the trees. His opinion does not count!

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Drumset #1: 6 cymbals, 5 drums. 1.2:1
Drumset #2: 5 cymbals, 4 drums. 1.25:1
Drumset #3: 6 cymbals, 5 drums. 1.2:1

Combined of those: 17 cymbals, 14 drums. 1.214:1

But *wait*. I also have two extra snares, a marching snare, 2 practice L80 cymbals, and a gong!

So that's 20 cymbals, 17 drums. 1.176:1