Cymbal pkg weight is 1 lb…should I panic yet?

JimmyM

Diamond Member
I have a Sabian AAX 20 Studio Ride on the way, allegedly. The seller had a super deal on FB Marketplace and it went through their order page. Due on Monday.

I just tracked it, and UPS says it weighs 1 lb. exactly. Am I getting a box of rocks?

I have a Sabian AAX 20 Studio Ride on the way, allegedly. The seller had a super deal on FB Marketplace and it went through their order page. Due on Monday.

I just tracked it, and UPS says it weighs 1 lb. exactly. Am I getting a box of rocks?
i think you'll be fine. ups sometimes just says 1 lb., even though it's like a 20 lb. package lol

It's gonna weight whatever the sender/shipper says it weights. If it went thru a UPS store, they put it on a scale. If the seller generated a shipping label, it'll weight whatever he imputed as the shipping weight. A scale might not even be involved. A 1 lb. box is obviously gonna cost HIM less to ship, than a 6 lb. box.

I don't know what most people do, but I always round up to be safe for shipping on both dimensions and weight, I don't want anything returning back. I have no idea how well this is checked and gets flagged, I'm sure many cheat though.

I've had this happen, too, so I wouldn't worry too much yet. Is the seller reputable or can't you tell on Facebook (I've never bought anything on FB so far)?

Either that or you'll receive a AAX Studio Splash. 🤪
OOFA! Joke cymbal!

Well the person has 6 positive transactions so far. And I've decided that there's no reason to sweat it.

I don't know what most people do, but I always round up to be safe for shipping on both dimensions and weight, I don't want anything returning back. I have no idea how well this is checked and gets flagged, I'm sure many cheat though.
I have had UPS charge a couple of bucks on my account after an item was shipped because their measurements did not jive with the box manufacturer's measurements.

It would be better if you record an unboxing in case there are any surprises.

Seriously. Tenterhooks.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Back