Cymbal Logo Removal (Removed the guy off my Rev. Al Big Ride) w/ Pictures

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
So I got a Paiste 2002 24" Reverend Al's Big Ride and while I really liked the ride, I just didn't like looking over at my ride and seeing a guy flipping me off. So I decided to go about trying to remove it without damaging the cymbal. After, looking through some old threads here on DW I tried a couple of different methods but what ended up working was a mixture of GooGone, a Magic Eraser, and a bunch of elbow grease. It didn't seem to harm the cymbal protection under the logo, but I have some Paiste Cymbal protector coming in just in case.

I missed a little spot next to the B, but overall I think it came out really well.

Attachments

• BigRideFull.JPG
    BigRideFull.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 199
  • BigRideCloseLogo.JPG
    BigRideCloseLogo.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 200

yammyfan

Is this the Before or After picture? I've never seen one of these rides. I'll bet it sounds great!

EDIT: I had a closer look and can see that these are the After photos. Good job!

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Is this the Before or After picture? I've never seen one of these rides. I'll bet it sounds great!

EDIT: I had a closer look and can see that these are the After photos. Good job!

Yes, these are the after, you can google and see the before pictures.

That’s a unique cymbal. I had one and it sounded more like a vintage Giant Beat 24” than the current versions. Excellent stick definition and not quite as washy as the modern GBs I thought. One of my favorites.