Cymbal Identification

P

Peedy

Just what cymbal is Phil Selway's right hand beating like it owes him money?

Pete

Just what cymbal is Phil Selway's right hand beating like it owes him money?

Pete

Are you asking about his ride? I know he used the 18" Remix Breakbeat ride around this same time period.

Looks like it's the same cymbal.

Attachments

• avedis_zildjian_a_18_inch_breakbeat_ride_1462275690_5b0570b4.jpg
    avedis_zildjian_a_18_inch_breakbeat_ride_1462275690_5b0570b4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4
Are you asking about his ride? I know he used the 18" Remix Breakbeat ride around this same time period.

Looks like it's the same cymbal.
Aren't those discontinued now? Replaced by another similar cymbal called the Uptown. I'd love to have one if the price ever comes down.
BTW, I love the front man and his depiction of someone who just grabbed hold of a 220 volt power line.

Last edited:
Aren't those discontinued now? Replaced by another similar cymbal called the Uptown. I'd love to have one if the price ever comes down.
BTW, I love the front man and his depiction of someone who just grabbed hold of a 220 volt power line.

Discontinued is fine by me as I haven’t purchased a new cymbal since 2015.

edit - looks like the breakbeat is about 170ish used and the uptown around 270 new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Many thanks. Ironically it's an 18, the size I limit myself to . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had an 18" flat ride as my primary for many years - now I have a 23" non-flat ride....it's like riding a wave as opposite to skating on ice like the 18" flat ride was.

That's actually a really nice sounding cymbal.

I think it's supposed to fill those shoes....if I remember right - the remix was a whole line with hats and a small crash too for replicating electronics. I could have sworn I remember an ad with Zach Danziger like in front of a computer - but that was a long time ago.

I bet the whole set sounded awesome.

Ahhhh - I found a super small version.

1998 - wow they were really far ahead of their time - I bet this set would fly off the shelves now paired one of those smaller martini kits.

Attachments

• 1998-Print-Ad-of-Zildjian-Re-Mix-Drum-Cymbals.jpg
    1998-Print-Ad-of-Zildjian-Re-Mix-Drum-Cymbals.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 13
Ahhhh - I found a super small version.

1998 - wow they were really far ahead of their time - I bet this set would fly off the shelves now paired one of those smaller martini kits.

I remember this ad. The thing that stuck out to me the most at the time was 12" hats. I just couldn't imagine playing hats that small. My imagination has grown since then.

Back