Cymbal holder that clips to bass drum

RollTheBones

I've been looking for a cymbal holder that I can clip the the rim of my bass drum, since a boom stand isn't really getting it where I want it to go relative to my ride cymbal. However, all of the clamps I see require drilling into your bass drum, and I don't want to take that risk under any circumstances. I swear that I've seen a cymbal stand that just sort of grips onto the rim of the bass drum, sort of like a cowbell mount, but more sturdy. Did I just imagine this?

I would love something like this, but just not if I have to drill holes into my drum: https://www.thomann.de/gb/dw_sm770_bass_drum_beckenhalter.htm

SYMBOLIC DEATH

Have you looked at the Ludwig atlas mounting system? I think they have a thing that replaces one of the lugs that could be used as both a lug and cymbal/tom mount that might work for this. You didn't mention what kind of kit you have, so I don't know if the hole spacing for your lugs would work with the atlas system. I'm sure someone on the forum would know for sure if the atlas system would be an option for you.

trickg

Silver Member
You didn't mention what kind of kit you have, so I don't know if the hole spacing for your lugs would work with the atlas system. I'm sure someone on the forum would know for sure if the atlas system would be an option for you.
EDIT: Correction - I thought I was looking at another thread.

I looked at this thread earlier today and was thinking that I couldn't think of any situation where you couldn't find a way to use a boom stand or dog-leg clamp to place a cymbal where you needed it.

jdsg

Inde BR2 or BR2XL depending on the hole spacing. Waaaaaaaaaay lighter than the Atlas lugs and hold tighter. I use one on one of my kits for exactly what you are talking about and it holds tight and doesn't add too much weight.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This is the general idea though there were nicer ones. They work like cowbell mounts.

If that's the case, one could possibly take a cowbell mount and modify it into a splash holder. If you use a die the post could be threaded. Nut on the bottom, cymbal washer, felts, second washer, then wingnut. Voila, instant splash holder!

Peedy

If that's the case, one could possibly take a cowbell mount and modify it into a splash holder. If you use a die the post could be threaded. Nut on the bottom, cymbal washer, felts, second washer, then wingnut. Voila, instant splash holder!
That would work if you could find one long enough. Mine are both pretty low profile.

vyacheslav

Attachments