Cymbal blending

Auspicious

yep...but it has to be the right cymbal for the musical setting...it took me years to firn the rihght brush/cymbal combo

and I was making the mistake of going bigger and thinner for the cymbal...it took me trying the 17 K Dark Custom Crash on accident to have the "ah-ha" moment...
I like the sound of my brushes on my 2 cybals and hi-hat.. perhaps I was lucky.. (or I don't know shit) They don't "open" very much with brushes.. but I don't hit very hard either.

when I play I have my Vic Firth headphones with the right side slightly off from my ear to let a small amount of sound in, I found a pleasent sweet spot to appreciate the sound quality of my cymbals (and drum)

I actully think that my Catalina Club jazz has nothing less then an awesome sound.

@CommanderRoss that was my initial goal to bring my crashes but it's taking a special turn now.. I am really going to import a Turkish cymbal directly from Turkey, it's a roll of dice but I have no fear whatsoever.

Auspicious

It's done, I am now the owner of a Turkish 19" Crash medium thin classic to go along with my 17" Crash medium thin classic. According to the sound samples, they totally go along together.

I should receive the 19" by DHL from Turkey soon hopefully!

:)

yep...but it has to be the right cymbal for the musical setting...it took me years to firn the rihght brush/cymbal combo

and I was making the mistake of going bigger and thinner for the cymbal...it took me trying the 17 K Dark Custom Crash on accident to have the "ah-ha" moment...
Which models have you tried before? those conflicting with the brushes?

Auspicious

I read the info there on reverb.com

But I think they had a big masked party on 2021 new years eve, we are the ones who need to catch up. :ROFLMAO:

Auspicious

Roll the dice, you might win.
Bongoman, I must have done something good, I won 😃

The new Turkish cymbal is fantastic, 😍

I asked Turkish pick the best 19" one to go along with my 17" according to my video sample, for jazz and WOW , the cymbal then sent me.. I almost had a tear when I tried it. It's EXACTLY what I had in mind.

I feel tremendously lucky, Mr. Mehmet Tamdeger even signed the piece for me, I am on the verge of tears again.

It's time to play it now. :)

WCqG8ha.jpg

d7hVefY.jpg

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Bongoman, I must have done something good, I won 😃

The new Turkish cymbal is fantastic, 😍

I asked Turkish pick the best 19" one to go along with my 17" according to my video sample, for jazz and WOW , the cymbal then sent me.. I almost had a tear when I tried it. It's EXACTLY what I had in mind.

I feel tremendously lucky, Mr. Mehmet Tamdeger even signed the piece for me, I am on the verge of tears again.

It's time to play it now. :)

WCqG8ha.jpg

d7hVefY.jpg

that is so freaking sweet!!! You can not clean that now!! Gotta keep that autograph on there

Auspicious

Ahh I must have done something good, it's never going to be cleaned because the patina needs to build, to improve it's sound even more. :)

I really like the new dynamics of the drum these are my preliminary observation: That new 19" is filling a major sound gap that was there.. it can be so much thing, it's a crash/ride, it's a low tone crash, a very sweet ride with a good amount of wash but not too much, the bell is really bright and acute, a powerful bell, it will DING! even with the wire brushes. The crash matches my other crash and the ping goes along quite well with my 22" in some occasions. It's much sweeter then my 22" , it has much less stick definition but more wash while playing the jazz ride pattern.

It really is going to be a deep sonic experimentation.