Cymbal Bag Recommendations?

wraub

Yeah, as stated, mine is older and seems to have decent padding down there, but I would definitely prefer more, because... cymbals. ;)

Your solution sounds simple and effective.

Well done.

My galaxy bag doesn’t seem to have any extra padding on the bottom so if I set the cym bag down on concrete say like when I’m getting ready to load in my car I have to be very careful when I set it down. I added A piece of foam around the bottom of it, it’s the foam that you put around your pipes to keep them from freezing. I just cut it open so the cymdals could sit on that.

lefty2

Platinum Member
Yeah, as stated, mine is older and seems to have decent padding down there, but I would definitely prefer more, because... cymbals. ;)

Your solution sounds simple and effective.

Well done.
I originally wanted to put a piece of bicycle tire in there but I didn’t have one lying around. That dense foam seems to be holding up but it’s only been a couple months and of course there’s nothing going on for this last month.

mrfingers

No need to get fancy if you’re not gigging: put each cymbal in its plastic bag, stack them on top of anything that can take their weight in a dry place or with moisture absorbing containers. Done. Unless you want to be pretty, then buy bags, etc.😝

roncadillac

I stitched my first cymbal bag back together for over ten years before finally breaking down and looking into a new one. Around the time this happened coincidentally was my birthday and I was very fortunate to have my in-laws surprise me with the one I was looking at (with my wife's help) as a gift.

I ended up with the Zildjian deluxe cymbal bag/backpack. It holds up to 22" in it's main compartment, has built in dividers, holds up to 14" in it's front pocket, is made of double layers with padding on the inside, the entire bottom half is reinforced with leather (maybe faux leather, whatever) and rubber 'feet' on the very bottom, and it's got adjustable backpack style shoulder straps. I absolutely love it and want to say it only cost around $40.

organworthyplayer337

Hey all, I ended up purchasing the Protection Racket Deluxe Bag! Thanks

p.s. if anyone is interested in purchasing this bag as well, feel free to reach out and ask some questions about it. I'll be more than happy to provide details of the bag that aren't easily found on the web