Cymbal arm loose

brianbags

Hey everyone...that part right below that white dot on two of my Mapexs has come loose. Anyone know how to tighten it? I can't find a way besides twisting them, but they always come loose again. Is there something I can stick in that hole to tighten it?

Funny that both of these were $100+ stands...none of my cheap ones have broken lol

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
The pink line goes to a roll pin (could be a set screw (on PEARL stands it is anyway), set screw way better). Unless you're an experienced roll pin setter, and its that roll pin which is holding the tilter to the boom section BTW, the ghetto option is soak the joint with KRAZY type glue, it'll hold for a few months, then keep doing it until the stand sells and you can by a good one. Or learn roll pin mechanics, which is good to know if you're going to be owning drum stands.

brianbags

The pink line goes to a roll pin (could be a set screw (on PEARL stands it is anyway), set screw way better). Unless you're an experienced roll pin setter, and its that roll pin which is holding the tilter to the boom section BTW, the ghetto option is soak the joint with KRAZY type glue, it'll hold for a few months, then keep doing it until the stand sells and you can by a good one. Or learn roll pin mechanics, which is good to know if you're going to be owning drum stands.
Thank you!

Yeah these are good stands, which is why it's really annoying they broke like this with normal usage.

Your yellow line is the part that is loose. The pink one is the hole I thought it could be tightened in. But crazy glue is a good idea. Put a lot on and it might work!