Cut down 20" or 22" bass drum?

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
The thing sounds awesome, looks awesome, and last night's stage was tiny, so it did leave a smaller footprint when every inch mattered.

Very punchy, lots of attack, great response, and great overall sound. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
Wonderful, glad you're getting what you wanted from it. Welcome to the 14 Crew!

?uesto

Silver Member
So - which one is it? Can't tell for positive sure from the pic.
Haha sorry! It's the 22. Now I have 14"x22" and 17"x20"

I wanted to order a 24", but they were discontinued and sold out. The 22" is incredible though! As soon as I take it into the studio at school, I'll post the recordings. Thinking about getting a new front head without a hole...

wildbill

Platinum Member
It looks like he cut the batter side? No problem if only using one mounted tom, I think.
Have you tried it with 2 toms up? I'm wondering if it affects the positioning a lot.

?uesto

Silver Member
It looks like he cut the batter side? No problem if only using one mounted tom, I think.
Have you tried it with 2 toms up? I'm wondering if it affects the positioning a lot.
Yup. He did cut the batter side. I have not tried with two toms yet. I'll take pictures and let you know how it sits when I do. Worst case scenario, I mount them off the cymbal stands. No big deal...