Customize the Jam Session of Your Dreams

C.M. Jones

Imagine that you can schedule a one-hour jam session with the guitarist of your choice -- any guitarist throughout music history. The session will consist of only two players: you on drums and the guitarist. Who would it be?

I'll take country legend Waylon Jennings:

Last edited:
Bola Sete seems to have been a nice guy on top of being a great player:
Omar Rodriguez Lopez could fill enough sonic space by himself:
However, considering what kind of talentented drummers they are used to, I should probably pick Ricky King... :unsure:

Juniper

Gold Member
Hendrix, without a doubt.

Not sure what he'd come up with at any given time, hence that reason for picking him.

I'd have to have a word with him about his noodling between songs though.

Ransan

Imagine that you can schedule a one-hour jam session with the guitarist of your choice -- any guitarist throughout music history. The session will consist of only two players: you on drums and the guitarist. Who would it be?

I'll take country legend Waylon Jennings.
That’s a tough one. If it’s just to jam and not business venture -
I would take either Randy Rhoads or early 80s Vinnie Vincent, both highly proficient composers and Vinnie could also write songs very well: also both were technically gifted shred masters of the Flying V.

C.M. Jones

That’s a tough one. If it’s just to jam and not business venture -
I would take either Randy Rhoads or early 80s Vinnie Vincent, both highly proficient composers and Vinnie could also write songs very well: also both were technically gifted shred masters of the Flying V.
I saw Vinnie Vincent Invasion open for Iron Maiden back in 1987. Good show.

Rock Salad

Taj Mahal
I bet he could set me up on simple patterns then play over it and make me sound like I know all genres and rhythms. Plus he's cool, plus he's an encyclopedia.
That would be the best lesson ever

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Joe Satriani - guitar
Me- drums and cymbals.

My son is a good bass player, and he likes Joe too. So I would want to include him too. Peace and goodwill.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I'm gonna pick a bass player. I admire most all guitar players, but not one in particular jumped out at me. Les Claypool did though. So I'm going with Les. Plus he seems pretty redneck. He should love Arkansas.

EDIT: Les and I will be jamming on a party barge (big pontoon boat) up and down Beaver Lake. Cant wait to hear that 💩 echoing off the bluffs and mountains. There will be frequent stops at the marinas along the way to reup on supplies. Camping is available everywhere. Y'all come on down now.

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

I'm gonna pick a bass player. I admire most all guitar players, but not one in particular jumped out at me. Les Claypool did though. So I'm going with Les. Plus he seems pretty redneck. He should love Arkansas.

EDIT: Les and I will be jamming on a party barge (big pontoon boat) up and down Beaver Lake. Cant wait to hear that 💩 echoing off the bluffs and mountains. There will be frequent stops at the marinas along the way to reup on supplies. Camping is available everywhere. Y'all come on down now.
I'm about to jump into my truck with a case of Lone Star and a can of Skoal. See you at the lake.